New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot some broadheads today to see how they would fly with my set up.

1st was a 100 grain Razorcap:

They flew very well, and had good 1" group at 20 yards. Awesome penitration, to the feathers on a McKenzie foam block target.

2nd was an 85 grain Shockwave:

Very accurate, but did not penitrate like the Razorcaps!

3rd was my broadhead of choice for the last 5 years, a 75 grain Satellite Mag:

Flew like experience told me they would, just as accurate as the Razorcaps or the Shockwave. Penitrated better than the Shockwave, but was short of the Razorcap.

Wish I had pictures of the shots but I didn't have my camera with me, so here I hope this satisfies everyone!!!

B

·
0 Posts
I've been using the 3 blade 100gr. muzzys for many years with great results[up]...It all boils down to what works great for you

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of kinetic energy are you getting with the 75 grains?, speed?, pound pull of bow?
I'm shooting 80#, and I guestimate my speed between 280 - 290 fps. Haven't met a deer I couldn't punch one through!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
This is how I test broadheads:

1. Shoot broadhead into a 1/2 inch thick steel plate.

2. Gather up all the pieces and send them back to the manufacturer. Include a note and tell them that you purposely did this and you want it replaced under warranty.

3. Whoever replaces the broadhead gets my business.

So far only Magnus has passed my tests. That's what I shoot.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I've had great luck with 100 gr Thunderheads. The outfitter I hunt with in Illinois DOES NOT allow expandables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts