New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting one, possibly the digital one. Does anyone have pros and cons to them like how it heats and anything else?

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
they are excellent use wood biscuits only

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read that they don't have an even heat and sometimes don't get hot enough. Anyone else have that problem?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have been using the standard model for years and they work great. The Briquettes are a little pricey. If you want to use as a cold smoker you need to build a seperate box for the heating element and channel the smoke in to the smoker with a 4 inch tube.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I have the 6 rack digital... I think it works great..

With the six rack you have room to hang sticks...

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jjoe I think you posted that earlier this year. That's the reason I started to look at them. I am still keeping my other ones, but want to try an electric.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
I can't say anything about the Bradly other than I don't have one based on the fact I don't like having to use the biskits I also fear a lack of availability that is why I got a master built it allows me the ability to use what I want chips chunks saw dust Hickory bark even grape vines.
BUT with all that out of the way Smokeing w/ Electric + Digital = LOVE [kiss] Oh yeah what everyone else said about digial for both time and temp is right on the $$$ and fact is for most things you only need from 1 to 3 charges of what ever smoking medium because you can actually make some things bitter with too much smoke no matter how long you need to cook things.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jakesbeard does the master built got hot enough. I read the reviews on cabelas and they say that the bradley doesn't get as hot as it should. I am not set on bradley, but I am looking for a digital electric smoker that I can mess around with and try new things.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
2Barrel is there any plans to do that?
Bradley has a website with a forum. Go there. The plans are there. Its real easy. If you plan to cold smoke. Thats keeping the smoke below 70 Deg. The seperate smoke chamber is a must. To get it below 70 deg. It must be 70 Deg. or below outside of course. I make the best Nova Lox and bacon this way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts