New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bowmaster Matty & Dragthor at the Rockaway River range this morning.

Thanks Matty for tweaking my bow. Its shooting straight missiles now!

Seriously Matty, you have a good chance at winning a 3-D contest the way you've been shooting.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Shhh, you're not supposed to tell them Im any good. Then when I make side bets, I can act like I suck, and sucker them into the big money.

Now you've gone and blown if for me!:p:D

Have to grow a beard, and move to another state now....its all your fault.:D

Yeah, glad to see you were shooting a lot better. You were right in the bullseye everytime out at 30 now! Look out deer![up]

After you left, I figured that shot was about 50 to the rock, and I was drilling it, I wished I had the camera cause I shot a four arrow group that was touching out at that distance. Great range! I may just throw up a tent, and live over there for a while. ;)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Should be there with (Mike) MPEMT24. If it changes, (which I doubt) I will let you know.

Maybe IMB (Ian) can come there too that day?

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Drag...you need a new hat. I have one with a 24 on it I'll give you just to clean up your image. Don't worry about paying for it...it's on me...anything to help a fellow bowhunter get it right.[up] :p

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rockaway River WMA Range.

Take Rt. 15 North to Berkshire Valley Rd. (Its the right before the New Orleans Steak House). Travel on Berkshire Vally Rd. Immediately after Taylor Road...pull over in the parking area on your left. There is a NJ F&W sign.. ..and sign directing you to the archery range.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ian, if you want to meet that day, I can show you how to make arrows there. I will bring a few arrows and extra fletchings you can practice on, or we can make up a few of your own arrows. Its your choice.

Bonus is, its a nice range to shoot at.

[up]

I'll email you about it.

Bumhunt, the bugs arent as bad as they were. In the morning they are annoying, but the first day I went there, I thought they were gonna carry me away. Now they leave you alone after about a 1/2 pint of blood.:D

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I'm glad you guy's like this range so much. We (Green Mountian) put up some new signs on Sunday to try to deter people from shooting broadheads at the targets. The one target has the center shot out from last year.
In the works are some bow hangers and benches to sit on.
The if you are talking about the big rock it is 40 yards.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Not the big rock, beyond that.[up] Could have been 45 yards maybe..Just a little rock before the trail entering the area. I will bring my rangefinder next time.

Bowhangers, Benches and a little table would be great.

The farthest target is pretty shot out, but its still stopping arrows from way back there. The signs are new since the last time we went there, on Saturday I think it was. Hopefully they deter people from shooting it with BHs and wearing it out. Thats just not right[down] Great job on the range, and Im glad a few of us know about it now.[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yeah thats about where I was...a step or two in front of the weeds.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
The farthest target is pretty shot out, but its still stopping arrows from way back there.
I shot an arrow in the center and it went all the way through and stuck in the vertical support post. That is why we put the orange dots.

If you have ever been to the Flat Brook or Black River ranges those targets ( Styrofoam supplied be the DF&G) are usually completly shoot out. The targets we put out are a higher quality, but are still quickly destroyed by broadheads.

Just a reminder Green Mountain Bowman will be putting out our 3d targets there. I forget the dates I think once in late Aug. and once in Sept I have it in a previous post. People are invited to shoot the 3d's with us provided they join the club. The initiation fee is waved for this event and the dues are $20 a year I think. The reason I am not sure on the dues is that we recently left the State Field Archery Assn. Previously part of the dues went there now that doesn't happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts