New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...was wondering if any of you know if it is legal to bowhunt for geese. i am a long range bow shooter and think it would be great practice for turkey hunting... i would like to shoot a goose with a "gobbler guilotine" ever hear of em? if not then here is a picture:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes you are a loud. We shoot snow geese this time of year. No sound of the shot. Just don't uses your easton axis arrows unless you have the money to waste. And yes, snow geese are good eating. THey make great jerky and are good smoked.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have heard good things about the gobbler guilotine but i here that they loose accuracey after 25 yards. ALso the company manufactures a arrow and fletch configuration specificay for that head. I have never shot them myself but i hear they reak havoc on turkey will take there heads off more times than not

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only problem with me is i shoot an overdraw..i would have to make sure the arrow is long enough so it doesnt interfear with my riser or even my sight bracket. i fletch arrows like its my job....o yeah , it is! haha, anyway..i can make an arrow with 4 fletch to work with this. i think im going to set it up on my recurve and try this spring if i draw a permit. last year the state lost my application ..mailed them money for 3 permits and they returned only 2! consider it a donation..hope to get one this year!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
ttt... lol
I think you may need to change the search function to also search thread titles. It appears that it only searches for the text within the threads and not the thread titles too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts