New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You really need to quit being such a **** when people post pics of deer that doesn't meet your standards. See the smiles on their face,that means they are happy,so why must your feel that it is your job to try to bring them down. Almost no one really likes shooting small deer, but sometimes it happens so deal with it. I am probably one of the biggest controversialists on the message boards,and I have made posts that I know people don't agree with, but I never keep harping on things that I don't agree with. I don't believe in baiting and everyone on this site(and others)knows it,but I don't ask them if they shot their deer over baits and then criticize them if they did. Enough is enough,Ok we know that you don't agree with shooting small deer,WE ALL KNOW,so from now on when a pic of a small deer is posted do yourself a favor and keep your fingers to yourself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
He probably don't hunt in an Earn-A-Buck zone and doesn't realize that we have to take a doe before we can take our buck.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well since the message thread is "Bowhunter Gene" I would think that is who I am talking to..;):p

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I am probably one of the biggest controversialists on the message boards,and I have made posts that I know people don't agree with, but I never keep harping on things that I don't agree with.
This would be a toss-up...you or BHC...LOL:D;)

this is what makes things around here interesting at times.

·
11,226 Posts
I am probably one of the biggest controversialists on the message boards
This would be a toss-up...you or BHC...LOL
Controversy is fine...Lets just keep away from the name calling and stick to facts and opinions...I will feel much better!!;):D You guy's are too much!!! LOL!;)

B

·
0 Posts
I maybe the way Iam, but if you need help just let me know, Im there for my fellow hunters[up]

·
Registered
446 Posts
i wasnt being hatefull i just feel like we r prasing people for taking deer that just do not need to be taken, first or not i havent shot yet this year due to size i have learned that patience is a way of hunting and some of these guys need to be that way we cant have larger deer here if they do not get that chance and yes i hunt in a doe first zone

·
11,226 Posts
i just feel like we r prasing people for taking deer that just do not need to be taken
I on the other hand would much rather take a small 6 month old or year and a half old doe with that young tender meat then a 3 or 4 year old doe that isn't as good!!! Thinning the herd is thinning the herd!!! You need to try and keep balance which means you need to take young as well as old and females as well as males!! It's not that hard to figure out!!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
i have learned that patience is a way of hunting
Your are correct, BUT, when a hunter has never taken a deer before, their emotions get the best of them and they want to take what they can, I would think that after they get their first deer, they will be more conservative in their quest for deer. When I was younger I was taught if its brown, its dow, but as I gre up, I taught myself that if I keep taking smaller deer, does or bucks, that I am not helping myself or the herd. Since about 8 years ago, I only kill trophy bucks, but I will still take any size doe at times. Since I am from PA, I have had the opportunity to have the state instill antler restrictions, which has greatly increased my chances of getting a trophy every year. Not all propereties in NJ hold big bucks or large amounts of deer, so hunters are in some way forced to take smaller deer. If they are utilizing all the meat they get from their harvest, then I dont see the problem, I would only SUGGEST, and let me say that again SUGGEST, that next time they let the button buck walk, or the small yearly walk, but If they decide they want the deer, then we shouldnt criticize them for doing so. No one person here hunts the same or has the same tactics for hunting. some might not have the chance to hunt as much as myself or others on here.

To sum this big comment up, we shouldnt criticize people for being happy in the deer they have chosen to harvest, as someone else said on here, look at the SMILES :D, and Big smiles at that, on their faces!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
hey hunter check the date when he shot it he probaly wasnt in a earn a buck zone beings fall bow kicked in sat??????????

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
i thought that this was a open forum to speak how we feel?
It is but, when all you do is put your fellow hunters down about their harvest, no one wants to speak with you then, and you piss everyone off. Unless that is what you are trying to do then keep the negativaty to your self. Like I said before everyone doesnt hunt the same, and to them they are trophies!!!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.