New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take to make a new string for a bow. I droped it off sunday and called today and its still not done and they cant tell me when it will be done.I have never had a custom string made always bought them premade so i dont know how long it should take.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Depends who you went to and how many bows are ahead of you. When I order custom strings I expect 2 week turn around, but have waited up to 6 weeks for certain string builders. I do my own install so I've never dropped a bow off and had them do it. Is it an in house string builder where you took it or are they ordering from a builder for you? If they order strings (dealers get preference with many guys) I would expect a week or so with shipping time min probably more like 2 weeks, then a little bit of time to install. If they are going to install and tune plan for a day for them to tweak things, if just an install 20 min to an hour.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was dropped off at sportsman center and yes a inhouse builder.2 to 6 weeks thats just crazy. I can see a week before bow season maybe.Its not like they are doing this on the side know what i mean.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If you dropped it off at Sportsman's Center, then chances are that Tim is the one making the strings. They are well worth the wait. Also, you have to realize that people often think that the busiest time for a bow shop is right before hunting season. Yes this is true but coming in a very close second is right after hunting season because everyone is gearing up for 3D season. I totally understand getting frustrated, because i used to be the same way. Then after starting to shoot more competitively as well as bow hunting, i came to realize there is never a short turn around time when you are dealing with a TOP NOTCH archery shop such as Sportsman's. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand being busy and i am glad they are.I have used them in the past my whole thing is when someone drops something off you should be able to tell them when it is going to be done ,not"its done when its done" that is why i asked how long it takes to make a string.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.