New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
it's really easy drag, but don't forget to use a little bow wax and a lighter. after tying it on use a pair of niddle nose pilers to make it tighter, then you can use your release.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Drag if you havent done it yet, be carefull. The knots can come un-done, and you can punch yourself right in the face.

I will try to explain it, and if I can find a diagram of the knot tying process, I will post it, its really very simple.

You can do it two ways, with knots on the end, or just by burning the ends.

If you use knots on the ends, tie a simple knot on one end.

Go around the string and cross over the rope itself.
Come back around the other side, and tuck the knot up through. Pull it tight, now do the same on the other side, but the opposite way. Do NOT have both parts of the loop facing the same way on the string.

I realize this explanation is probably impossible to understand, so if you have any questions, just ask. Or take it to a pro-shop and have them show you.

Whatever you do, make sure it is tight, and not able to slip before you attempt to draw it back.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts

Like I said, its simple, and Mystic gave some good advice, use the needle nose to spread it and tighten the knots, and wax the string first on the serving, and wax the d-loop....burn the ends pretty big, and you are good to go.

Hope this helps---Matt

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Drag... the other thing I do with my loops is after I Melt the ends... I also use a small dab of glue on the knots...They make a big diferance in accuracy and on serving wear...Just keep in mind that you may have to make a small draw lenght adj...The only down side to a string loop is it takes just a little bit longer to hook up your release...On my hunting bow I use a little bit larger loop than on my target bow...To make it easier to hook the realese up when the pressure is on..I also tie a small piece of serving above the loop so it wont slide and also so you dont change your nocking point when you replace the string loop..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
you have your own archery workshop I see... Looks like my shed except mine is filled with my construction tools. I told my wife I was going to sell all my tools (the ones I use to make spare cash) and make the shed a hunting / fishing shed and she said let me know when its empty so I can put your stuff out there since you'll be moving out!!!

·
3,413 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm gonna try the Ultra-Nok:
Drag, go with the string loop, have an archery shop did it if you have to. With a release now you would be talking about metal on metal contact ( I'm making an assumption here), and that to me means possible noise.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I would go with the loop rather then the Ultra knock. Try the loop and if you don't like it then go with the Ultra Knock. With the Ultra Knock there is a chance of possible noise.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Those metal nocking loops are junk. Go with a d-loop.

Metal on metal causes wear on your release jaws, and noise, plus if it happens to hit your arm, we are talking MAJOR welt.

If you were to use a rope conection release aid, then maybe I could see the benefits, but they take longer to hook up under hunting conditions...just go with a loop.[up]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Drag those things are J-U-N-K...My buddie baught a bow with one on it and it made the most god awfull noise you ever heard...Go with a D-loop...

35 I think they are great...Then main advantage is when you have your realese under the nock it puts upward pressure on the back of the arrow...pushing the tip down on your rest...which will put a slight bend in the arrow before the shot...with a D-loop the realese is right behind the nock so there is no pressure on the arrow...which helps the fleching stabilize the arrow sooner...They take a little getting used to hook the realsese up quickly...But after a little getting used to it will become second nature

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
just keep in mind the string loop will slow down your bow by 5 feet per second. I was advised against it by my archery shop. The less gagets on the string the smother and quieter it will shoot. I shot tight groups out to 50 yards on the target with no problem. Shooting form and follow thru have a lot more to do with performance than a string loop......just my take on it, and if you do try it good luck[up]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't have an ultra-nock but I do have some sort of complete nock system on my browning bow. It is about 2 inches long, fastened with allen screws, has a place for the arrow to nock onto and a place for the mechanical release all in the same piece of hardware.

As for metal to metal contact, my bow is VERY quiet. What type of Browning I have, I do not know. I picked it up used down at Tip's Hardware off of Rt.9 from their bow shop and had them put a decent fiber sight system on it and can shoot great with the bow.

RW3

·
Registered
282 Posts
Drag, im not a fan of the loops or any of the other gadgets. i usr a scott mongoose release cause it is the closest one to a rope release. also if you reserve with an after market serving thread you SHOULDNT have a problem with the serving. i never have a problem with the serving coming undone.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Drags bow should be dialed in. I did all the work on it a month or more ago.;)

You arent having trouble with your serving, are you Drag? That serving I put on will easily outlast the usefull life of the string.

If you are having any problems, just let me know, and I can fix it for you. I actually forgot to mark your cams when I synchronized them, so if you want me to recheck that and mark them up to watch for problems, just let me know. You can either meet me at the range, or drop it off at ELbait, (just let me know if/when you do this so I can go down and get it done right away).

That goes for anyone with bow questions or problems, just let me know, and we can schedule a time to work on it. I do tuning, synch, string/cable replacement, accessory installs, shooting lessons, etc, basically everything. I can post a price list later...and if I know you from here, I will try and cut you some breaks as best I can. Plus if you need anything, Nick from Eastlink Bait & Tackle can order it CHEAP and usually gets it within a day or two.

CONTACT ME @

[email protected]

Hope all is well with the bow Drag....let me know---Matt:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts