New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,,just another quick question. Took my bow out today for a few practice shots, havnt been able to shot in about three weeks. It was fine last time i put in the case, but now it seems to be shooting about five inches to the left. Is there a quick fix to this problem or should I take it to a pro. What would cause this? I need to go hunting this week. Thanks again

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
are they grouping well? Maybe you knocked your sight out of wack storing it, hitting the brakes, something on top. Are your flights crushed from being stored and making conntact with you rest. Maybe your string stretched. A myriad of thing could go wrong, but there is a reason.:) Good luck. did you change anything?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jerseyhunter ..the only thing i did was ad quick flip arrow holder. I didnt change anything else. Its shooting a little low but not to bad, its just to far to the left. Three weeks agoe it was dead on. I was hitting apples.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Don't know what a quick flip arrow holder is but now it sounds like your torqing your grip cause of the weight of this gadget. Every time you add or take away something changes the balance of the bow and advertantly the flight of the arrow.
I use a quick click ranger pendulum sight that works on arrow speed. If I change anything that willadd or subtract from the speed of my arrow I must recalculate the speed and re-sight. So once your setup shoots the way you want, you do not change a thing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just a little gaget that holds the arrow on the rest.doesnt weigh anything much. I shot after i first put it on and it was fine, I just adjusted my sight a little it seems to be better at 10-15 yards, but i take to 20 yards it still seems to pull to the left a little

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Again are you grouping them?? if you are then is a sight adjustment, Do you have a buble on your sight window?? if you do make sure is center when you release. Need some of this answer in order to help you further.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I dont want to insult anyone, but if you dont shoot often, and you happen to use a different grip or anchor slightly different, etc, you can hit way off.
So it could just be inconsistencies in your form/grip. Infact, most people that complain about good groups that move around the target misplace the blame on the bow, when its normally just inconsistent form.

Of course it could be the sight or rest was bumped.

Re-sight it in, and if you pick it up next week and it shoots off a different way, you know you have to start working on consistent form.

Best of luck, hopefully it was just a bumped sight, and you can get it dialed in shortly.:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the helpful advice. This is a great sight. I tweaked the site a little , I am getting a little better group. I think Matty might be right also, I need to work on my form. Its been over three weeks since I shot the bow. I just didnt expect the problems to be that bad. Hope I can improve by the end of the week so I can get out for a hunt on Saturday.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
shoot every other day if you can, I have found that if you shoot every day you can start to train yourself to use bad fourm. I like to shoot every other day, I think of my first shot as my hunting shot then every shot after that is for working on my fourm. I have done this work since I moved to Traditional Bow hunting ( long bow ).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts