New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the money for both right now and I’m not too sure which one to get first. I have been waiting for Sept 15th to go goose hunting because the place I want to go to you can't hunt until then. And I really want to shoot some geese! FUN FUN FUN!

BUT, I also want to go bow hunting and try to get my first bow kill. I don't know much about the spot I would be bow hunting so I am leaning more towards the stamps. Also, my brother’s friend that showed us the spot is going to take the safety course for his bow license on Saturday. So I am sure he will be hunting there too if he passes.

This is a tough decision!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
No doubt in my mind go with the stamps, I gave up bow hunting 40 yrs ago after a goose hunting trip to the Eastern Shore of Md. Hunted pit blinds in fields and also water blinds on the Choptank River.

NO COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to need the stamp for woodcocks!
You know i have never hunted for Woodcocks before. I would shoot one if i could, but i wouldn't go out just for them. I guess i would have to try it first before i say that.

Besides, i thought you just needed the HIP number for Woodcocks?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Not sure on the fed stamp but you need the state stamp for woodcock. I always have both any way. took my son in law out for a hour shot he wasted a half box of shells. every year now he asks me when we are going LOL. you want to try grouse to if you can find them.

I am with Ithaca. you can only get one or the other. stamps but I would find a way to get both. (don't party a night or two you will have it)

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
bow license...i'll lend ya the 20 bucks for stamps

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Your kidding you never shot a woodcock????????

Cann't wait for them[up]

The dog loves them and I love them[up]

yeah get the permits its def. worth it.

You have the Hip if your huntin waterfowl ring:p

yeah cost me over 600.00 in lic. and fees to hunt NJ.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
You do need a federal stamp Jon.
Check the link to the NJ Migratory Bird Hunting Regs booklet I posted. Says you only need a hunting license and a HIP stamp to hunt woodcock. You need the stamps for ducks, brant and geese.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Couln't be NJ is wrong could it? Woodcocks are federally regulated not state. States have seasons but are set by Fed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts