New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I went out was Saturday. I have been itching to go but I just can't get my lazy ass to go. When I hunt with someone I have no problem getting out there but when I have no one to go with I have no desire to go. I don't know!

So should I go today or tomorrow?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
So should I go today or tomorrow?
Why not both? get out as many days as you can. the more time spent in the woods the more chance you have for success and the better the hunter you will become[up]

·
Registered
687 Posts
Go both if you could. Now is the time to get in the woods. The weather cooling down a bit and hardly anyone is in the woods (i mostly hunt state land). In a few weeks the woods are going to be traveled more and the deer are going to change their patterns. Go for it and keep us posted.[up]

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Go both days! Problem solved!:D

It is tough for a lot of people to "self-motivate". You just gotta get out there and do it.

Nothing beats a fun hunt with friends or family, but sometimes you just gotta get out and get it done all by yourself.

Anyways, my buddy Ryan is off tomorrow and I think we're planning to do a morning hunt. I don't have the details worked out yet, but I may be able to get you on a private piece we hunt. It's a small property, so I'll just film your hunt.

LOTS of deer, but no guarantees...There is no bait and it can be hit or miss. Sometimes 10-15 deer will come through and feed on acorns, and sometimes we only see them in the distance. (where we can't hunt)

Would have been a "bring your harness and bow" deal, but someone stole my stands, so you'd need a climber.

I'll find out and let you know. Gonna cancel this afternoon though.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Going out solo this late afternoon. Only part I hate is tracking, gutting myself, dragging out in the dark when bears are around:(

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Nice offer Matty[up]

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
If I wasn't working I'd be bowhunting [wallmad] Can't wait for this weekend so I can get out again [up]

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so I'll just film your hunt.
Nothing like a little pressure! I would be nerves as it is if a deer walked in, than add a video camera. Oh you’re looking to get some good footage right there! [rofl]

Matty that would be great, and if not that's fine too. That is way more then i would have ever expected. Even if one day we go back to that one spot you guys have.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
nice offer matty and if you go tim good luck

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I don't know if 75 degrees at 7pm is exactly cool. I liked to kill myself getting down out last night in the heat. Glad, I didn't kill anything to be honest. Not that I wouldn't had I the opportunity, but it would have sucked.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Hunt Friday. Too warm today and the temps will be dropping tonight and tomorrow with lower humidity.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Awesome offer Matty! I love all of the kind gestures we are seeing on the board lately! Hunters sharing spots....who knew it could ever happen?[ko] [up]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I've been waiting for NW wind but 80 is a bummer.
oh jeez...give me a break[eyeroll] if you get hot all you have to do is climb down and walk inside to the AC :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ringneck, where are u at? I am always up for a "sick day" a.k.a. hunting day.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I've hunted ever day yhis week by myself. Only you can motivate yourself. Oh ya. I'm after a good buck too. Almost had him monday pm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts