New Jersey Hunters banner

BOW FOR SALE

3K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  mpemt24 
#1 ·
2004 Hoyt Vipertec, $600.

Has everything and anything you can think of, if you have any questions please email me, cause I really dont feel like looking at the bow right now!!!

#8 ·
Well, you know my opinion on this whole matter Ian.

I just hope you can get over this miss, and start having some fun in the woods again. :)

Whats the big deal anyway? So you blew a once in a lifetime opportunity! BIG DEAL!:p:D:D

Are you gonna sell me the GPS coordinates to the spot where he was yet or ???[confused]:eek::D

#9 ·
Imb21 dont feel bad just like yourself i used to have a PSE until this season..My PSE was dead on and i never missed anything..This year i bought a new vipertec also and it is dead on also, but i to have missed a few deer and one of them being the biggest buck i would have killed with a bow..I wanted to throw my bow away, but i have given it another chance..I was told by a Hoyt rep that the bow is not very forgiving..Any little movement when shooting sends that arrow flying..You have to just keep practicing with it until you have great technigue, then you will be dead on again and hunting will be fun.. Good luck with everything [up]

#11 ·
Ian i wouldn't give up on the bow. you said you killed afox with this bow which should boost your confidence. Im sure that most of the misses guys make each year are because of mental error and not the bow. A great investment would be a good quality yet inexpensive range finder. Many misses can be attributed to guessing the wrong yardage. keep the bow and keep at it. you'll get one soon enough and then you'll be on a roll again.

#12 ·
new guy here Ian but dont feel so bad. I havent gotten a shot yet this year. Was hunting the same 8 pointer for three weeks and this past weekend my buddy stuck the buck hard but we couldnt find it. Watched hime shoot and everything. I think he kindey shot the deer because we ahd an arrow full of blood but very little blood trail. Stick to it because if it were easy it would get boring.

#14 ·
Thanks everyone for the confidence booster, I havent given up, I am just sick of all the misses in the past 2 years, and it all seems to stem from me getting this bow. I know things like this happen, but it had't happen to me til I bought this bow in 2004.

#16 ·
Probably tired of hearing it - but its all confidence - means everything. I shoot rabits in the summer around my house - shot 19 this year - keeps my wife happy as they eat her flowers - and keeps me in practice with high confidence. Then when a deer comes in, you tihn in your head hw your gonna drill that deer if he comes to close.

I still get pumped - the shakes, the whole nine yards on a buck (or even bank a doe) - but I also talk in my head how I am about to drill this great looking buck! Has worked for me the last few years -

#17 ·
Yeah, lol, thats some sales pitch you got going there Ian.

"For Sale, one hunk of sh-t bow that doesnt shoot straight worth a darn, hell Id be surprised if it could hit the broadside of a barn.

Accessories include a sight that doesnt help.
A rest that wont tune, and a release aid that I ran over several times with my truck, ON PURPOSE!

Looking to get $600 for the entire package.":D

#18 ·
Yeah, lol, thats some sales pitch you got going there Ian.

"For Sale, one hunk of sh-t bow that doesnt shoot straight worth a darn, hell Id be surprised if it could hit the broadside of a barn.

Accessories include a sight that doesnt help.
A rest that wont tune, and a release aid that I ran over several times with my truck, ON PURPOSE!

Looking to get $600 for the entire package."
Oh yea and I'll throw in some busted arrows that I bent over my knee:D

#20 ·
Ian, I will tell you what. I had my hoyt for 3 years and never missed and dropped everything I hit. I bought this new PSE and yet I have not missed I lost 2 Deer and one being a nice 8. Ian you know how I shoot and I am dead on these things happen. But since you like PSE I will trade YA :) my PSE for your Hoyt [up] LOL Kidding it's not the bow it's the luck and I have had days like you. One year I missed a buck bigger then your mount in my Bar and I could not hunt the rest of the season[down] But the next year I had darn good year pick it up and make it happen.!

#26 ·
NEVER! give up. remember, its hunting not shooting. you may have changed something in your shooting technic with the new bow being (FASTER). i have seen this happen. people buy faster bows and dont realize it but they change something even if its very minor. i would be happy to go over things with you at an archery range if you want. i have helped several people this year already. i think some of the other hunters might agree and be willing to help you as well. turkey swamp has an archery range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.