New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me some info on carp shooting? its been a long time since ive been so im alittle out of touch on the subject. when do they start spawning in nj? where might be the best places to go? how about the carp shoot on the st lawerance river? any info would be great. thanks

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I think they spawn in June.

Two Bridges (Confluence of the Pompton River and the Passaic River I think) used to be good. It has been crappy the last couple of years because of bridge work upstream...I think it is cleared up now.... I never had a problem local with law enforcement while bow fishing there, but I haven't done it there in years....things change.

Anywere you can get a shot near Pennington Park/Westside Park in Paterson has tons of carp. I would expect to have problems with Paterson PD there though. I would like to get my boat in the water there and try to catch them on a fly rod. Would need some flies that imitate floating mulberries.

Ghostbear had a post some time ago were he shot some carp at the Greenwood Lake Dam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.