New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use a bow during the 6 day Firearm Season? The question came up recently and 2 calls to F&G gave 2 different answers. One for and one against the practice.
Now the Digest does not list the bow as an available weapon during that season.
Many years ago however, you could use a bow during the firearm week and it said so in the then Compendium.

So what you all say? Any documentation for your answer would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mysti,
Where does it say you can use a bow?
All I find in the Digest is on page 29 in the yellow box that says Firearms, ammunition etc for Deer hunting.

Under 6 day Firearm it states: Shotgun and Muzzleloader. It doesn't say anything about bows. ???

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they can't even give the right answer
I guess in one sense they did, they answered it both ways.:D I just can't find anything anywhere that says a bow is legal.
Like I said, many years ago it was written in the Compendium, what is today's Digest that you could use one. Now they leave it out.

I'm not at work or I would check Title 23.

I just don't want my friend getting hung out to dry on the say so of someone that didn't know what they were talking about.

G

·
opening day of shotgun, deer are running everywhere, it would be hard to get one to stop for a bow shot, but that would be the fun part.....:p

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually BHC, I'll be out with one of my slug guns opening day. But, if I get lucky in the AM, I have a couple of spots in Mendham Twp that are bow only and right where all the deer that are pushed in other areas would run to. Right behind the houses. :D
I may just put some time in with the bow that week.

G

·
Actually BHC, I'll be out with one of my slug guns opening day. But, if I get lucky in the AM, I have a couple of spots in Mendham Twp that are bow only and right where all the deer that are pushed in other areas would run to. Right behind the houses.
I may just put some time in with the bow that week.
thats a sweet area, best of luck [up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be in Zone 5 with the slug gun but like I said, if I get lucky I might just head on down. I've still got 3 feeders going that are getting hit every day. Might be worth seeing what sets up behind the houses.

Thanks, and good luck to you too.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
TJC, I also have permission to Hunt Mendham. The property owners allows bow only. The deer get very little pressure where I hunt. After 6 day Ill give that area try with the bow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts