New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DXT that is setup at 62lbs. Do you guys adjust this for target practice/hunting? I beleive it goes up to 70 but that probably isnt necessary right? Also when adjust the weight you will also have to adjust your pins right?

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont change anything....your shooting very well. 62 lbs is plenty to kill a deer
I figured it was fine just curious if I could lower it for target practice but I Dont feel like adjusting my sights...i will keep it as is..you get my text?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If you want to practice religiously and the 62lbs beats you up over hundreds of arrows per week, don't hesitate to lower the draw weight. If you don't want to mess with your hunting pins, just compensate with hold over during practice. You're primarily interested in making your shot sequence repeatable during practice anyway. With a 60-70lb bow you can probably safely get it down to 57lbs or so, which can make a big difference in wear and tear on you. I've heard that after a certain age, working with heavy weights doesn't make you stronger, it just wears you down. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.