New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DXT that is setup at 62lbs. Do you guys adjust this for target practice/hunting? I beleive it goes up to 70 but that probably isnt necessary right? Also when adjust the weight you will also have to adjust your pins right?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The dxt at 62 lbs will pass thru any deer you hit in the vitals. I would practice and hunt at that weight. If you do raise the poundage you will have to adjust your pins since your arrows will hit higher.
If Mike set it and tuned it at that poundage I would not touch a thing.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Vin, I only shoot at 60lbs. Like Bowman said, you will pass through any vitals. I wouldn't change a thing and practice with what you have consistently and you'll be fine. Good luck this year[up]

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Shoot the most weight you feel comfortable shooting. If you don't feel comfortable shooting more than you're at now stay there. If you feel like shooting more won't be a problem turn it a full rotation (top and bottom) at a time until you don't want to go higher. Then adjust your pins after you're set on your desired draw weight.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
If you do adjust it and go far enough it could affect your arrow spine. If you go from 62 to 70 lbs arrows that were spined properly at 62 may now be too light at 70lbs. I don't know what arrows you shoot so it may not be a problem at all but something else to consider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.