New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to mount a scope, can I just use weaver style bases to get max eye relief?(2 piece base?)

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
If I am not mistaken that has the same choke tubes as my 835. These may be the tightest patterning shotguns on the market.

The reciever is drilled an tapped, but like people said go for the cantilever mount for slugs. The reciever mount is ok for turkey.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Hey Killer,

You're going to have to give us an update as to how well this gun patterns with buckshot and the like. I've been interested in this gun, but at this point, I can't afford a new gun.

David

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to put a Bushnell scope with Weaver bases and rings. Whole setup w/ case and slug barrel+nic check, $760.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Hey Killer,

Have you patterned this gun yet? I'm curious how well it does with buckshot patterns specifically.

David

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 1/2 at 50 yds,1 3/4 -2" at 100 yds. Using 2 3/4 Lightfields,they grouped an average 1/2" better than the 3" Lightfields and Remington Copper Solids 2 3/4". The buckshot had all 9 pellets at 50 yds,Remington 2 3/4". Tried some 3" Brenneke's,dropped 2" at 60 yds and 7" !!! at 100 yds.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also , I use a B-Square mount w/ a Bushnell Scope

1 - 14 of 14 Posts