New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new boots.

Checking out LaCrosse Rubber boots but they only sell in whole sizes.

Irish Setter looks like a compromise.

If I settle on regular boots - I'll get Danner Pronghorns.

I'm not a fan of thinsulate or heavy insulation - that's what socks are for, unless I'm missing something.

Looking at a new set of woolies for winter. Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Im also looking to get new boots.

Im looking at the Irish Setter buck trackers (knee high 1000gr thins)Its like a rubber boot in the fact that its waterproof, knee high, and supposedly scent free.

Rubber boots take too much abuse from me....they dont last more than a season. I cant see spending $90 on boots that get tossed after a year. I gotta go with regular boots or cheap rubber boots I wont mind tossing.

I also like to go with about 800-1000 grams of Thinsulate, because its not too much for the mid-season with a light pair of socks, but then when winter rolls around, you can wear a liner sock and a heavy sock, and be good on stand in some COLD conditions. When it gets SUPER COLD...I have pac boots that are 2000 gram thinsulate....I only break those out for the extreme conditions though.

One thing that will drive me off of stand is CcCcCoLd Feet! [down]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good deal!

B

·
0 Posts
I have a pair of IRISH SETTERS BUCK TRACKER with 1600 grams of thinsulate, got them at CABELAS last year, great boot

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have Browning Rubber boots, no insulation. They were like $40 at the Sportmansguide.com. They have held up to everything I can dish out to them so far.

-dan

B

·
0 Posts
I will get a pair of knee high rubber boots for my IOWA hunt next year

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I wouldn't recommend LaCrosse. I bought a pair of knee high rubber boots from Harry's in 2003 and they had a strong rubber smell. Even one year later.[down]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All good stuff.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I Only use rocky boots, for cold weather I have the Bear Claws with 1,00gram thinsulate, and this year for bow I bout the new pro hunter, Boa system, no laces!! Awesome boots!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts