New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Oh yeah I layed the smack hammer down on that old freeak nasty swamp donkey, certified brotherhood i'll put my name on anything. Michael Waddell is a joke. He's the epitomy of the d-bag, sellout tv hunter.

*Just as footnote I have no problem with anyone who makes a living in the outdoors, but I guess most guys have a level of dignity (for lack of a better term). Michael Waddell does not have this.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Oh yeah I layed the smack hammer down on that old freeak nasty swamp donkey, certified brotherhood i'll put my name on anything. Michael Waddell is a joke. He's the epitomy of the d-bag, sellout tv hunter.
Unreal...I guess if you don't do your post kill spots with a straw of hay in your mouth, a Sanford and Son pick up in the background shot, a heavy southern draw and bad English then you're a "d-bag, sellout tv hunter"

From what I can tell the guy's archery skills are top notch and he's entertaining...but I guess we should want more than that - or actually is it LESS than that? [confused]

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
He is no different than any other sports celebrity. He is good at what he does. The guy was originally a competion turkey caller that is how he got started. Nobody gets where he is without working hard and being good at what he does.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I don't doubt that Waddell is a great turkey caller and archer. I've seen him smoke plenty of animals, and I never attacked his hunting skill. I just find his personality annoying. That is just my opinion, he didn't used to be that way. I've met him several times and he used to be a down to earth guy. The industry has got to him and although his job is to sell products, I feel he is a sellout because he will put his name on anything and has lost sight of reality. Bone collector is the jersey shore of outdoor productions. I enjoy the drury's, realtree and most others. I just don't enjoy Michael Waddell's brand or him. Just my opinion and i'm sure others understand where i'm coming from.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hell if I had that opportunity I would put my name on everything too. "You will give me how much to put my name on this gun stock and promote it." Why not. Only thing it couldnt be a piece of crap. he who dies with the most money wins. [rofl][rofl]

I could care less about all these outdoor show hunters. But business is business. That's his job.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I personally dont use much of the "gimicky" stuff. I.E "Bonecollector". Im very old school with my hunting, I wear differnt camo together, somtimes no camo, I dont use "scent eliminating clothing" The "best" bows etc. etc. But, In my shop a lot of guys ask and want what the guys on the TV shows are pushing/using. Its an industry.. A lot of the products are marketed VERY WELL. Like fish said, a lot of the products are decent, but what I find interesting is how the industry is marketing the young hunters into thinking that they "need" all this stuff. But, it an industry none the less.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Simple economics. As the # of licensed hunters continues to decrease all across the country, so far the sales of hunting related items remains on the increase. That is purely due to marketing. At some point in time the numbers of hunters will dwindle to a point where new product sales go into decline if we can't increase our hunter numbers. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. Don't like the products? Don't buy them. We are inundated daily by marketing/advertising for every imaginable product under the sun, so hunting is no exception.

I like Micheal's enthusiasm although I do agree he's a bit over the top. Nobody markets more than the Primos crew and I have not been overly impressed with the quality of much of their merchandise so far.

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
i could bring any tv hunting star down here on public ground and school them.anyone can kill big bucks on preserves .the best big hunting name out there and their skills are through the roof is the BENOITS[up][up][up]

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.