New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only know of the Mossberg bolt action shotgun. They have been discontinued. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers? Depending on price I may be interested in one.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was on the Savage site. I thought they said it was a turkey gun. Maybe I didn't read it right.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a Tar Hunt..They are custom made 12 and 20 guage shotguns with bolt action..Very expensive, but deadly accurate.. [up]

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Savage 210!
Too bad the Browning A Bolt shotgun was discontinued years ago,that was by far the best.Now,if you can find one,the going price is almost like a Tar Hunt.
I still think they make the Marlin which is a pretty decent slug gun but I heard it really kicks alot.Not too familiar w/ the Mossberg but many claim that is a good shooter and you may still be able to find one.I'm sure JC will chime in,He knows his stuff when it comes to slug guns!

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I was just finishing the following post on another site when I came across this thread...I'll just copied the post here...let me know if you need any specifics.

----------------------------------------------------

The Savage 210 certainly qualifies...and is my personal choice for general field use.

The gun is easily capable of 1-2 in groups at 100yds right out of the box with the proper ammunition. I have found the Remington Core Lokt Ultras to work in perfect combination with the Savage 210.

Below is a pic of my 210, the last 3 shot group I fired at the range, and finally a buck I took at about 80yds through the woods last weekend.

( Here is a link to the post about harvesting the buck with a few specifics on the shot and bullet performance etc.)
http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forum.php?a=vtopic&t=4529

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello mpem24 i do have a savage 210 bolt action for sale with a nikon monark ucc 3x9 on it.only about 16 or 17 shots through it.3in. groups at 150 yds with remington core lokts.reason for selling it? Simple, i bought a tar-hunt 12 ga.if interested,e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have an old Sears JC Higgins Bolt action 12 that i still use to this day. it shoots decent buck shot patterns. i mainly take it out when in bad weather. light gun, easy to carry around.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
My brother has the Mossberg and loves it. I kid him that it is one ugly gun...so he now calls it "Black Beauty". I don't know about the beauty part, but it sure does shoot tight groups.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I have an old Sears JC Higgins Bolt action 12 that i still use to this day. it shoots decent buck shot patterns. i mainly take it out when in bad weather. light gun, easy to carry around.
loyalone, my dad also has the same gun...shoots pretty nice..[up]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts