New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so every year I try to make something new with the ground deer meat I have. Last year it was jerky and sausage. This year I would like to try bologna, I understand all the stuff I need to get going. But I am having trouble finding the curing salts/casings. Does anyone know where I can get this stuff? I don't need much, enough to do 10-15# at most.

Where can I get this stuff at?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have used them before, I was looking for a local place possibly, seeing as I will only be ordering $15 or so worth of stuff its not really worth paying for shipping.

So let me rephrase, are there any local places to get this stuff at? I I've in Flemington, but travel to north NJ about 2 times a week.

Are their any butchers on here in the Hunterdon county area that would be willing to sell me some supplies?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shop-rite sells casings
I know they have sausage natural casings but didn't know they had bologna casings. Ill look into it.

Now any ideas on where to get curing salt?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
seeing as I will only be ordering $15 or so worth of stuff its not really worth paying for shipping
Shipping would be just $5 for order sent via priority mail and you would get it in 2 days, so total cost would be $20 [up] You'd probably burn more than $5 in fuel while driving around looking for seasoning and casings ;)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shipping would be just $5 for order sent via priority mail and you would get it in 2 days, so total cost would be $20
I put together the order online and they where quoting me $11-15 for shipping. Ill look again could have had a more expensive shipping method.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts