New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you been getting out lately? I will be heading out tomorrow, don't know if I will be going am or pm yet, tides are going to be working against me. I also might hit the Barnegat on Thanksgiving.

-Pete

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Pete, good luck. I was going to try to fight the tide until I looked at the tide table. Low and muddy. Looks like a trip to sussex co. is on the menu.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Last time I was out was Sat.. Kinda slow but did manage some mallards. Before that I had a great day mixed bag of buffies, gadwall, blacks, woodies & geese. I'll be out tomorrow AM.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
No, wish I had some private property up there. I was going to head up to one of the WMAs in Sussex county, and if there wasn't any water in them my second plan was the Delaware River. However, my woman just reminded me we have an appointment at 1, so I may be stuck fighting the tide tomorrow am at Sawmill.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Come on over to spruce run! You need a good blind because the water is so low there NO cover to hide your boat. The birds don't mind the shape of my TBD all grassed on the rocky shore. I'll be going fri & sat. if you want to ride along. Should have some new ducks & geese there with the cold front.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
that doesn't sound like a bad idea. im pretty sure i still have your email bob i'll shoot you one. happy thanksgiving all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts