New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if you need like a Boating License or anything to Freshwater Fish in a Boat with a motor? For EX: Round Valley

I know you need a Boating License for Saltwater but what would I have to do to Freshwater Fish in a Boat?

Thank You. ;)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They're pretty readily available, shouldn't have a problem finding one close to home.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
NEW JERSEY STATE Requirements- Persons required to complete the course
If you operate a personal watercraft (Jet Ski, Wave Runner, etc.) on the waters of the State of New Jersey you are required to possess a New Jersey boat safety certificate, additionally, if you are operating any other power vessel and you were born in 1959 or later, you are also required to possess a boat safety certificate. On June 1, 2008, all power vessel operators born in 1949 and later will be required to possess a certificate. As of June 1, 2009, all power vessel operators, regardless of date of birth, will be required to possess a boat safety certificate.
Exemptions: A boat safety certificate is not required for non-powered vessels.

NEW JERSEY STATE Minimum Age of Operation
There are two minimum ages, 13 years old for vessels powered by electric trolling motors, or vessels 12' or longer with less than 10 total HP.
Operators of all other power vessels, including personal watercraft, must be at least sixteen years old, this includes out-of-state residents.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
is the wooden boat under power? if so..no matter how crappy you need a lic

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Keep it under 12'... or you'll still need to take the course, outboard or paddles it doesn't matter.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts