New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to the area (Cranford). It seems a lot of people say Round Valley and Spruce Run are where its at. I was curious if I need a boat to really fish these areas? If so, is there a boat rental at either of them? Price and hours if any one knows? I am trying to catch my first fish in this area. I am looking for Bass. Is this the place to go?

·
Registered
545 Posts
ROUND VALLEY IS A NICE SPOT AND YOU CAN WALK THE CENTER ISLAND- I HAVE ALWAYS HAD SOME LUCK CATCHING B [no swearing please] - I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE A BOAT RENTAL - I DO THINK HOWEVER THAT SPRUCE RUN DOES

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Spruse one does have boat rentals. I believe they are row boats or gas motor. Depends on what you want to spend. If I rememeber correctly, they also sell bait.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
yes spruce run has rentals and round valley doesn't. there is a sport shop on rt31 right by the corner of van syckles if you need bait.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Forget that sport shop by the light if you want herring, go to Lebanon Bait shop. you get more and better quality for your money.

Titus...Why do you always type in Caps?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Greenwood Lake 973-728-1681
Spruce Run 908-628-8572
Swartswood 383-5230 or 973-383-4200
Wawayanda 853-4462
Lake Shenandoah 732-363-9678
Manasquan 732-919-0996

This should get you in the right direction. Have a great weekend, it's not the 4th of July, it's Indepence Day.

Ryan
www.wildoutdoorsman.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts