New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is already discussed somewhere on this forum but.....

When I used to live on a private lake, my buddy and I picked up a Pelican 11.5 foot bass boat and trailer NO PAPERS. Since I have moved, it has been sitting in his back yard.

How would I go about making this thing legit? Home made trailer reg? Boat reg with no papers?

Would it be easier to just buy a new boat?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

boat.jpg

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Think eaither home made or can handle less than 2500 pounds you do not need a title but still need to register.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Call or go to Motor Vehicles they will give ou all the correct info. I have to go because i lost my registration for my boat and you can't do it on line without a pin#.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
For a boat with no paperwork it will have to have a hull inspection done by the State Police. They will give you a form to bring to DMV allowing it to be registered. You will need a notorized letter stating how you came in possession of the craft for the inspection. The inspections are done at Newark Bay or Lake Hopatcong State Police Marinas. It doesn't take long, biggest hassle is getting it there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think it's a little harder these days to just walk into the DMV and walk out with homemade trailer registration. I thought they required quite a bit of paperwork proving you actually made it; build plans, receipts, weight slips, etc???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts