New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Do you want to hunt them in fenced in on a preserve... or free ranging on a farm or ranch?

The difference being one is a wild pig that stands a better chance of getting away from you while the other one is preyty much 99.9% that your gonna kill one.

The preserve is more shooting than hunting so to speak.

There are quite a few preserves within a four or five hour drive of us here in NJ. Penn. I would say has the highest number of them.

On the other hand wild pigs can be found in huntable numbers in S.C.

I dont know how much your looking to spend but if you can afford it your best bet is heading to a ranch in Texas and paying a daily tresspass fee to hunt...

IMO.. its a better hunt than even the private lease in S.C. I went to.

The great thing about Texas also is there are so many other animals available as well. Javalina... Coyotes... Bobcats... rabbits .. snakes its just a much more game rich enviorment.You'll see tons of deer also.

Do a search on Texas ranches that charge a daily rate to hunt.. it may cost you a little more than heading down south from us here but you won't regret it...

The first time I ever hunted Texas I was 18 I called a few places and found a guy that charged 50 bucks a day that included 2 hogs 2 javalina and anything else you wanted to shoot besides deer... You did your own cooking. Im sure the prices have at least doubled since then.

I flew to San Antonio and took a bus two hours south to Cotulla and got picked up at the bus station...

The entire trip...3 days of hunting cost me under 600 dollars that included Lic. food ,airfare, and bus ride.

I have gone down 6 or 7 more times since then to different places and I'm always amazed at the amount of animals the ranches hold. Im talking about cattle ranches not high fenced preserves either...

The last time I was there was 3 or 4 years ago.. I was a guest of John Meyers who owns L and H woods and water we hunted his lease on The Kennedy Ranch. In four days of hunting I shot 3 hogs a turkey a Nilgai Antelope and a coyote and saw hundreds of deer...

Shoot now you have me wanting to go back... wanna go presidents day weekend for a 3 or 4 day trip?

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
It's a world famous ranch.

With all the hunting you did in Texas I would have thought you would have heard of The Kennedy...it and the King were once a single ranch...the land was divided and they created 2 diff ranches...I don't know which is bigger...but they are both huge.

·
Registered
696 Posts
that's why I asked.
Sugar you could live there and not know all the ranches lol the king i know of
Just thought I seen a gate that read (Kennedy ranch) over in Carrizo spring witch is just west of rt 35
Most of my hunting is done from pearsal south a long 35 to Laredo don't get over to the coast much .

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Kenney Ranch is a tid bit of the king ranch its 68000 acres

The King ranch still holds over 825000 acres,
some of the best horses I ever owned came off the king ranch, would eat up a cow like they were part lion

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Lots of guys/gals on here of done PA hunts, and hunts in the south, Im sure you'll get some other input if Tx won't work for you.. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts