New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't people fill in their profile?? I'm just wondering (I have to much time on my hands, LOL) not trying to open a can of worms. LOL

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Mine was filled out to an extent Bob, but I filled it out in more detail just for you!:D

It was nice to meet you at the picnic. Thanks for coming out!:)

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL Not a dam thing LOL I better put more info on mine LOL What a can of worms LOL
Most are total blank. Someone emailed for a "great deer spot" on a WMA. When I looked at their profile nothing, not even county of residence.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
sorry Bob I didn't know it was blank. There has been a thread on here a few times about where people live, what they do fo a living and also where they hunt. I'll fix it . by the way, Passaic County. Bob you can E-mail most members through the site on the left side of the page.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I updated mine, but I felt it stated to sound like a personal add (I like to hunt, fish, long walks on the beach, etc). I cut it short.
By the way Bob, I could use some good deer spots on WMA close to Lincoln Park, Morris County.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
This is the internet and there is supposed to be annonimity. I prefer not to give out too much personal information. If you read through my posts the information available is already more than I care to devulge.

The profile information is actually not too intrusive, however, I can't get it to let me edit it.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
mpemt24 there's hunting in lincoln park ?
There is if you know a farmer.
The closest WMA to me is Berkshire Valley, Rockaway River, or Hamburg. But I have never hunted any of them. Just looking for places close by for afternoon hunts.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 475
I updated mine, but I felt it stated to sound like a personal add (I like to hunt, fish, long walks on the beach, etc). I cut it short.
By the way Bob, I could use some good deer spots on WMA close to Lincoln Park, Morris County.
There used to be a place along Two Bridges Road In LP. I think the deal was you needed a permit from the LP police and to get the permit you needed to be a LP resident.

I am not sure,but believe it or not there is a place in Fairfield called Peace Meadows. There is Greater Peace Meadows and Lesser Peace Meadows. Horseneck Road divides the two. East of Horseneck Road is Greater Peace (or sometimes called Big Piece) That is controlled by a gun club. They have a clay target range along Horseneck.The west side of Horseneck is Little Piece. As far as I know that is public land. I hunted there once during winter bow about ten years ago.It was pretty flooded that day. As dry as it has been recently that would not be a problem. I have been thinking about going there myself.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'll check with the Lincoln Park Police.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You do not have to be a Lincoln Park resident to hunt in Lincoln Park. You do need to get a permit from the PD in order to hunt. This is how it was about 5 years ago, so it may have changed. I work in Fairfield and have been considering finding a place to hunt in LP for after work, like you said mpemt24, but I can't find the time to go look around. I have a good idea of where to go, but need to get out and look around.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have to go to LPPD tomorrow so I will ask them about the preserve along Two Bridges Road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another profile updated. Have a good season you guys, This season I will not be out there very much but I'll probably be able to hunt a bit more next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts