New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind and size bullet and powder are you going to use this year for muzzleloader season

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
90grs FFG pushing a 230gr Round Ball from my old T/C Renegade .54cal Sidelock.

P.S. I'll be using it for 6-Day/Bear Season with BHC & Co. in Zone 4 (Zone 1 )

·
Registered
301 Posts
anyone have any experience with american pioneer powder? i hear it burns almost as clean as smokeless powder. their ad says they fired hundreds of rounds before cleaning it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
2 50 grain Pyro Pellets 300 grain Hornady XTP sabot TC Black Diamond topped with a 2-5X scope

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Interesting to note that the majority of propellants guys are using are classified as smokeless powder and FYI triple Se7en is not an approved NJ propellant.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hey BHC after you shoot your buck with that godforsaken pyrodex hold your breath because it produces cyanide gas... [down][down]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Hey BHC after you shoot your buck with that godforsaken pyrodex hold your breath because it produces cyanide gas...
Really?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
and FYI triple Se7en is not an approved NJ propellant
The rules say "or black powder equivalents" and 777 is clearly that. The named powders are included as non-exclusive examples. The intent is to keep away Savage owners with their fancy shmancy smokeless :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The rules say "or black powder equivalents" and 777 is clearly that. The named powders are included as non-exclusive examples. The intent is to keep away Savage owners with their fancy shmancy smokeless
"Black powder equivalent" is a moniker dreamed up by powder companies to the tune of millions of dollars per year. It is marketing semantics nothing more! Make no mistake 777 which is comprised of Di-Nitro's, one step below Tri-Nitros (T N T)it is a SMOKELESS powder. There are reloading manuals utilizing it for centerfire cartridges. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Fish and Game departments do not have the authority to classify powder. D.O.T. is the only agency that does that.
Black Bellamy
What does equivalent "clearly" mean? Velocity? Burn rate? Internal pressure? Please elaborate? Or the fact that it makes vision obscuring, and yes mpemt24 Toxic smoke.
non-exclusive examples
My digest doesn't have this text??? In fact when that regulation was written 777 wasn't even invented. Get your facts straight.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts