New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to arrange a Black Fishing trip out of the Highlands who here would be interested in going?

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Depends on when it is. If its on the weekend I am definatly in!!

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
same thing Browning..I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
When are you thinking of going Sean?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking maybe like the first weekend in December or the weekend after 6 day Firearm season. I am not sure of the dates that these fish are running I know they are biting now but not sure if they are in December. I have never done a winter bottom fishing trip and I heard that you catch allot of fish and was kinda in the mood to try so I figure why not make it a get together. Not chartering a boat I was just figuring on a bunch of us getting together and jumping on a party boat.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
LOL.....

Black Fishing ? ......I was wondering what this post was all about...the title should read differently to avoid any confusion...Blackfish is one word as well..;)

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed. Blackfish trip !

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
just my 2 cents but the weekend after 6 day would prolly be best. Id love to go..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Even if we miss out on a blackfish trip, maybe we could even do a cod trip or something along those lines! I think that cod may be later in the winter though, im not entirely sure.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Tripleplay went out on Monday. All the boats had to turn around. There were 7 to 10 seas. The Sea Tiger had to stop and take a wave on the bow, that is when he made the decision to turn around.
Tripleplay is going out tomorrow again, if he doesn't post I will with the results, is going to be real cold out there.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
hey, have we set a date on this trip yet? I have never been out for Tog and would like to go. So when we goin?

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
geeze nobody wants in on this trip?

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
hkdon. I thought you were going to organize this trip??

·
Registered
834 Posts
If anyone wants a good blackfishing bot i would suggest the Big Mohawk out of Belmar marina. THis is a party boat but capt. Chris Heuth is the best blackfishing captain around. He has spots that are loaded with big blackfish and you cannot go wrong with him. It is a all day boat and you have to get there early as he fills up quick just because he is that good. The boat leaves at 7 a.m. and i would get to the boat by 5:30 to get a good spot. I always take the back left corner if you are looking to the bow from the stern and seems like this is the best spot on the boat for whatever reason but again you gotta get there early.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts