New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever hunt Black River WMA for ducks? Mostly woodies and mallards I would guess, anything else?

How is it on opening day? Is it out of control with people and shooting or is it reasonable? Was thinking of bringing the aquapod there and getting back in the marsh. Thanks to those responding, feel free to PM if prefer.

Dave

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
check out the west side of 206...some nice flooded timber...guys do hunt it...not sure how hard it gets hit i wasnt around last year...but years prior it got hit hard early in the season

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hunted ducks there a couple of times. Just shot mallards. There is a kid that lives on the river that hunts there all the time. He is a pain in the ass. Heard he might be in jail now , hope so.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All,

Thanks for the responses. I hope to go check it out within the next few weeks. I may go opening day just to see what goes on and take it from there.

Otter12: the river in Hackettstown was like that, some guy lived on the river and would crank up music at 5 am to try and scare ducks and annoy hunters. Only in NJ!

Dave

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I know theres some geese and ducks there but remember it public land (aka. war zone) especally at black river. I would try late season on a weekday. I hunted pheasant there once and refuse to go back!

worth a try though, Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.