New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I took a walk in the wma today for the first time in about 3 weeks. Everythings looking good. Saw alot of intrestin stuff today...

If anyone on here has a homemade treestand right as you walk in the woods. dont use it. Some anti cut it up. there are pieces of it all over.

To the man with the small feeder on the pine tree.... I filled it for ya. had a little extra corn. Hope its okay with ya:D

To the hunter with the treestand in the saftey zone... if you dont have permission... get it or move it.

To the hunter with the pieces of bright yellow tape about 16 inches long. You my friend have a good spot.

And finally to the "hunters" Who leave there shells on the ground pick them up. To EVERYONE who uses the wma, for what ever, please pick up your trash. i had to pick up about 15 bottles and wrappers.

Well all in all i had a fun day. Just curious as to if all wmas are this dirty and if any other hunters are seeing the same thing i am?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Just curious as to if all wmas are this dirty and if any other hunters are seeing the same thing i am?
I don't hit a lot of the WMAs but I do spend a lot of time up at Flatbrook and the areas around it.
That place looks like a pig pen shortly after the opening of Small Game. Empty coffee cups, shell boxes, papertowels, cigarette packs, you name it they leave it. That doesn't even count the empty shells left on the ground. I stopped picking them up when I came out one day with over 2 dozen. [wallmad]

I just don't understand why these HUNTERS can't keep the areas clean. It doesn't take any effort to leave take the garbage home with you.

We ARE our own worst enemies. [smirk]

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can see a lot on a short walk. Plenty of deer if you know where to look. Most stay 5 minutes from the parking lot
Ya. my mom and brother came along, as well as my dog(its 3 pounds) Most stands and markers i saw were within 10 minutes for the lot...

·
Registered
406 Posts
manasquan wma can be like that. i walk in with a bag full of corn and walk out with a bag full of trash.

best one is when the kids throw parties empty beer cans all over the place

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just curious as to if all wmas are this dirty
Fishing areas on the wma's, too. Bait containers, tackle containers, coffee cups, etc .... what slobs.

You can see a lot on a short walk. Plenty of deer if you know where to look. Most stay 5 minutes from the parking lot
Many bed in the weeds right up front there, too. Beware, those weeds are FULL of ticks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.