New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm from Burlington County New Jersey, and am looking to get a black or silver lab female for a waterfowl dog. I'm currently looking for a some breeders in the area. Any recommendations would be appreciated it.
Thanks in advance!

Domenic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Second thing you should do is check out pinelands retriever club. There are a lot of people there that can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You guys are the best I appreciate, why narrow yo just a black lab?
I am NOT a lab person...BUT...when you bred for things other than bird handling abilities... you are sacrificing a measure of those abilities. If a breeder is breeding for color... they are breeding for color....not retrieving ability. I am NOT saying that a silver or chocolate lab is a poor hunter or retriever or that you cannot do both. I am just saying that, to the extent that the breeder focuses on things other than hunting or retrieving abilities, the hunting abilities of those dogs are lessened.

Pretty is...as pretty does...but then I am a pointer person, so what do I know about pretty??

Look at pictures of the champion retrieving labs over the last ten years or so. Betcha just about all of them are black.

RayG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm from Burlington County New Jersey, and am looking to get a black or silver lab female for a waterfowl dog. I'm currently looking for a some breeders in the area. Any recommendations would be appreciated it.
Thanks in advance!

Domenic
I cringe when I see the word silver lab. There are only three recognized Labrador Retriever colors Yellow, Black & Chocolate. Do more research on Labs and if you run across a breeder that offers so-called silver labs they definitely aren’t a reputable breeder that encourages betterment of the breed. I suggest not buying anything from a breeder that offers silver labs. Please read up on this Before you pull the trigger on purchasing a Lab.
Bob & The Lab Crew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts