New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent had a chance to post in the last day or so because I've been busy butchering deer.
Friday myself and 2 buddies Pablo and Eric put on a couple of drives in zone 13. We had success right away with the first drive. Eric and I drove to Pablo. This drive usually produces 9 times out of 10.We saw deer as soon as we enterd the woods before we even started the drive,no shots. Pablo then gave us the signal and about 10 minutes into the drive I saw tails and they were heading right for Pablo.
Boom, Boom. 2 deer down. I got to him and see across the powerline a deer standing there. Boom , another deer down. 2 small does and a buck with 1/2 nubs on its head. The antlers never grew this was a pretty good sized deer too.
Anyway we put on another drive and saw lots of deer 4 diffrent bucks that were all in range but we could not shoot. all the does took off to the houses.
It was a fun day on friday and the legion has just added 2 deer for the dinner. I kept the smallest one for myself. we cooked one of the back straps yesterday and it was like butter.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We usually only drive a couple of times a year During doe days and once mid week of 6 day.. Youre right guys they can be very fun.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I like small drives too. This year should be better. Usually it is just me and my dad. Tough for 2 guys, but now my cousin has permission to hunt the property now. Easier with 3 man drives.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
congrats. i got a doe on friday as well. i'm butchering it right now. i got mine in zone 11.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kah I was in the Randolph Mine Hill area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts