·
Registered
14,787 Posts
WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Great mount[up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Why would someone want to get a Boar mounted? Would they actually want to hang it up in there house? I wouldnt.
I don't think I'd spend the money to mount a feral farm hog (as I agree that I don't think they make very impressive looking trophies).

Now a boar with European characteristics, that's a different story. I've seen some really nice full shoulder mounts of European boars with their high shoulder humps & raised hackles that looked quite impressive!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Why would someone want to get a Boar mounted?
I don't think I'd spend the money to mount a feral farm hog (as I agree that I don't think they make very impressive looking trophies).
i would never knock someone for mounting anything. you have no idea what type of sentimental value that mount meant to that customer. maybe it completes someones trophy room. maybe that boar charged the hunter. maybe rich was just practicing. for that matter, assuming they're real tusks, that is outstanding work! to mount an open mouth with the tounge out like that, that is outstanding work.

good job rich:D[up]

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Thats a trophy to someone, congrads[up]

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Why would someone want to get a Boar mounted? Would they actually want to hang it up in there house? I wouldnt.
Because I shot mine on the last night at last light waiting for this 300 plus pound beast to get within 13 yards and put a Taliban arrow through this magnum and got the job done after hunting them for a week. But more importantly why does anyone get anything mounted? Cause it means something to them

Just thought the above comment was kind of wierd on a hunting site where hunters mount all type of game. So I thought, I would give insight as to why you should mount a hog that by the way looks great on any wall[up][up] I posted my hog over a year ago and everyone even people who do not hunt love the mount since it is different and unique;)

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Would they actually want to hang it up in there house? I wouldnt.
FYI, that came across like knocking someone over. Just my opinion and seems like at least one other. That is all, have you ever gone after hogs?

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Try it and if you go after some real huge one's I bet you would mount it. Good Luck this fall bud[up][up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i took 2 boar last year but nothing that could come close to that monster. Great pig![up]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
i would never knock someone for mounting anything.
I'm not knocking anyone for mounting anything. I'm sorry if that's how my post came across.
Just stating an opinion as to what I'd mount. That's all.

After all, what constitutes a trophy really is in the eye of the beholder. Whether it's a hunter's 1st, or particularly hard won animal, or something unique. An animal doesn't need to make "book" to qualify as a trophy - IMO. [up]

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not knocking anyone for mounting anything.
The way I see it, the customer is always right. With out customers I wouldn't have a business.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Just stating an opinion as to what I'd mount.
I can't seem to keep my foot out of my mouth on this post...

Rich, I'm not a taxidermist. What I meant to say is "an opinion as to what I'd have mounted" (for myself).
When you run a business, as you do, keeping your customer(s) happy is always a good policy.

Also, I should have stated earlier...you do real nice work! [up]

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I don't think I'd spend the money to mount a feral farm hog (as I agree that I don't think they make very impressive looking trophies)

I guess the lesson here is to not to post statemnets like this since you will offend others. The they don't make impressive looking trophy mounts was a kncoking statement. To the the hunters and to the taxidermist.

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't seem to keep my foot out of my mouth on this post...

Rich, I'm not a taxidermist. What I meant to say is "an opinion as to what I'd have mounted" (for myself).
When you run a business, as you do, keeping your customer(s) happy is always a good policy.

Also, I should have stated earlier...you do real nice work!
I understood what you were saying. I have mounted some things for customers that I still don't understand why or what they were trying to say. For instance, I had a customer bring in a doberman's cropped ears that whe wanted mounted on a velvet backed picture frame. I charged her and the job was done. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up][up]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Nice Boar, Nice mount.[up][up]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts