New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
probably the one that was in florence the day before.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc...cle_112bed3a-903f-52d2-be06-ccce4c63f742.html

Uncommon, but not unheard of ...

"Since the 1980s the Garden State's black bear population has been increasing and expanding its range both southward and eastward from the forested areas of northwestern New Jersey. Within the most densely populated state in the nation, black bears are thriving and there are now confirmed bear sightings in all 21 of New Jersey's counties."

NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - Know the Bear Facts-Black Bears in NJ

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Why? As long as the population is in balance, there is no reason why South Jersey can't have a few.
No way to keep the population in balance is the problem.......I'll be long dead before they ever allow a bear hunt in SJ and it will be many years of over population that will start affecting the deer hunting......and besides that, I don't want to buy bear proof trash cans......[ko]

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
bear proof trash cans
Dam Southerners, ain't you keeping up on your bear literature? They are no longer bear proof, the are bear resistant. They resist the bear until it jumps on the can and the lid pops off. We send you Bennies for the summer, now you get our bears for hunting season.

it will be many years of over population
Just think of all those SJ bait piles that will be getting destroyed! I get a deer or two every year in zone 4 with no bait and plenty of bears to go around. Maybe you'll be lucky like I was this turkey season, and have a cub climb the tree about 50' in front of you, and momma is nowhere to be seen when it is pitch black out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts