New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 200lb. Black Bear was caught in SAYERVILLE this morning. GEE I thought "SIR CZAR" CAMPBELL said that NJ doesn't really have a bear problem, and that the bears are in the NORTHWESTERN part of the state. It's time to have another hunt. The bear was transported to the SIX MILE RUN area and released

·
Registered
568 Posts
That bear was capture a few miles from my house. In the summer a bear was spotted in a field along rt 9 it must have found a home in one of those swamps along cheesequake state park.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
How the heck did a black bear get to Sayreville?
Did you think it was born and raised in the Cheesequake State Park? My brother and his family live in Hazlet. I don't think that's too far from that area. If there is one, there might be more!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I KNOW WHERE 1 SHOT IS TALKING ABOUT THE BEAR IN SAYERVILLE, KEEP CUTTING DOWN THE WOODS AND BUILDING HOMES, WE HAVENT YET TO SEE THE BEARS IN THIS AREA 1 MOE SHOT

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They say it most likey followed the woods that like the rivers, but I don't buy that. I just feel we have too many bears for this state they are being pushed out of there normal home range, and something bad will happen like someone getting hurt or GOD forbid killed, we need a hunt

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
My family lives in Sayreville..About 3 miles from where the bear was. They have had turkeys in their yard. I seen a roadkill doe last april up from their house too. That bear would have had to hit the raritan river and follow it down to South River and into Sayreville. Suprised a car did not get him first. I heard they will release him in six mile run..A few miles from my house!!! Here he is..

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
my wife is from sayerville. when we go to see her mother i see deer all the time. i've seen them on main st up by the quick chek and i've seen them on jernee mill road. one day i had a huge 8 pointer run out in front of my on main st.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I fish a few lakes in Sayreville, I only live about 5 or 6 miles from there. Stronski, you are right, Hazlet and Sayreville are close together.. maybe 10 miles or so. Anyone read the star liberal, I mean star ledger article regarding this bear story? I love the way they made it sound like it was just a very lost bear.. that is not the case. They are slowly moving south and the idiots we have in office refuse to admit that. I spoke to a conservation officer I know and he told me that they shot a bear in North Brunswick last year. Also, a few have been spotted in Turkey Swamp Park.. The state needs to realize we have a bear problem.. THE FIRST STEP TO OVERCOMING A PROBLEM, IS ADMITTING YOU HAVE ONE!! [mad][mad][mad]

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Know the area woj.Those are the exact areas I see them in...Both places can support deer and turkeys..What zone is sayreville?:D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i have no idea what zone. i see them alot by the power lines right before quik chek. i saw the buck by sheffield mews(spelling)? crossing from the pits to the condos. anywhere on jernee mill you can see deer. i know alot of guys who hunt it. i also hear it's good over by hercules/dupont.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Woj,
You know the area .Alot of new homes being built all over. I have hunted this whole area most of my life. I live about 3miles from that bear capture. Ray S. was trained by the state for bear related problems,and I guess it worked this time.I have shot some nice bucks in this area but it is
getting to crowded. Hopefully this fall I will scout some new areas.My Dad still hunts JerneeMill RD and Hercules Property but alot of deer get hit by cars in this area.This area is in ZONE 50. The area that Sayreville owns is hunting by permit only and open to residents only.I believe the permit is 40.00 plus your State permits also.It is a big rip off because there is not that much land and too many people.

Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts