New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read todays "BERGEN RECORD" last week a small child was playing in her Franklin Lakes yard, when she came up on a dead black bear. Her parents informed NJFG&W. They still haven't showed up to examine and remove the bear, do to the lack of man power, most are out tagging the bears in there dens. At this time there is no cause of death, the girls father turned the bear over a saw a hole in the bear's stomach. Its a very nice size bear, with NO ear tags, or radio collar. There was no reports from any local police departments of bears seen in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe this is a wake up call for "CZAR" Campbell, if there are bears in the burbs, what do you think are in the mountains?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Is there alot of bear and bear problems over here? I remember hearing about a controverstial bear hunt here last year.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
A hole? You mean a hole from another animal eating it? (like a crow)???

Or a hole... as in a bullet hole? I wouldn't be surprised if the bear was in someone's backyard causing trouble.. and someone (even a non-hunter... maybe just a person concerned) whacked it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imb21, Frankin Lakes is like 20 mins from you. And yes we do have a problem with bears in NJ, we had one hunt back in 2003 for them, 328 bears harvested

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I cannot believe that F&G has not recovered the animal yet. WTF?

Probably because there is no money involved. Now if they received a report of someone whacking bears out the window... lots of fines $$$$$$$. [smirk]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I'm wrong, but I really think that the NJFG&W should of picked this bear hunt right away, since its in someones backyard. Its a poor excuse saying that the man power is low, I work for the state and you always have the man power, you just have to find a way to use it

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
first a dead bear in someones yard...next a dead kid in some bears mouth... can't campbell see that one coming... The 3 blind mice can see it clear as day

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Expect this to happen a lot this year. With the cuts the Division has to make they will rarely be able to respond to bear complaints.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have italian sausage made from my bear, and have alot leftover, I promised Drag he will get some, but I should have some more for you also

1 - 19 of 19 Posts