New Jersey Hunters banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
If anyone wants to know what broadhead to use, please check with me first... We are also going to need a full "archery bear shot selection thread" full pictorial, of where to aim based on angle of the bear to the orientation of the hunter... And finally, we will need a "Bear Masterbaiting 101" thread... I figure my best bet is just to hunt my buddy's standing cornfield - that always seems to yield more bears than deer when I am deer hunting...

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
New Jersey is like Rhode Island. Hardly anyone from out of state goes to either to hunt.
I don't have the numbers, but I do think a LOT of New Englanders come her to fill their freezer in all the seemingly never-ending deer seasons.... Bears will be equally as attractive.. Spend thousands to fly or hundreds to drive and pay peanuts to hunt in NJ? More hunt here than you think, we don't charge what other states do...

We are most expensive area to live in we pay most in taxes, we should charge the most for out of state tags, but we are among the cheapest out there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't have the numbers, but I do think a LOT of New Englanders come her to fill their freezer in all the seemingly never-ending deer seasons.... Bears will be equally as attractive.. Spend thousands to fly or hundreds to drive and pay peanuts to hunt in NJ? More hunt here than you think, we don't charge what other states do...

We are most expensive area to live in we pay most in taxes, we should charge the most for out of state tags, but we are among the cheapest out there.
the NJ DEP website lists non-resident license sales. It's not much, compared to what PA or NY draws in.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
at least I wont have to waist my time baiting bear this fall, like I do with gun. my plan is to go up the week before find a bait pile, which will be easy enough, find the trail leading into it and sit 75 yds up the trail.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts