New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TAKING A YOUTH OUT TURKEY HUNTING FOR HIS FIRST TIME. SHOULD GO WELL . WE ALL SHOULD TAKE A KID HUNTING OR FISHING :):)[up]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WENT OUT 4:30 AM LIGHT WIND I WAS CALLING ,CALLED IN 3 LONG BEARDS TO 35 YRDS. YOUTH TOLD ME BEFORE THE HUNT THAT HE NEEDED THE BIRD UNDER 30 YRDS FOR A CLEAN SHOT WITH A 20 GAUGE, I SENT HIM OUT IN FRONT OF ME ABOUT 10 YRDS AFTER THE BIRDS WALKED OFF. 8:05 AM HE HAD A BIRD WITH A 5" BEARD AT 10 YRDS AND HE TOOK HIM. ANOTHER HAPPY BOY HOOKED ON HUNTING.

ZONE 20 BIRD 15 LBS 5" BEARD 1/2 " SPURS

04-16 2005

·
Registered
612 Posts
WENT OUT 4:30 AM LIGHT WIND I WAS CALLING ,CALLED IN 3 LONG BEARDS TO 35 YRDS. YOUTH TOLD ME BEFORE THE HUNT THAT HE NEEDED THE BIRD UNDER 30 YRDS FOR A CLEAN SHOT WITH A 20 GAUGE, I SENT HIM OUT IN FRONT OF ME ABOUT 10 YRDS AFTER THE BIRDS WALKED OFF. 8:05 AM HE HAD A BIRD WITH A 5" BEARD AT 10 YRDS AND HE TOOK HIM. ANOTHER HAPPY BOY HOOKED ON HUNTING.

ZONE 20 BIRD 15 LBS 5" BEARD 1/2 " SPURS

04-16 2005
Nice, you get [up][up]

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
great job. i also took a youth out that morning. (zone 11) we heard one bird right a daylight and called in a hen to 5 yards. no shots, little action, but still great memories and more to come next saturday[smirk]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT WILL RAIN SOON . I HAVE FOUND MORE TURKEYS OUT IN THE OPEN WHEN A LITE RAIN IS FALLING . BIRDS MIGHT NOT TALK AS MUCH. STAY ALERT A BIRD CAN SNEAK IN FAST IN DAMP WEATHER. DONT STAY HOME BECAUSE IT'S RAINING MY BEST TURKEY DAYS HAVE BEEN COLD AND WET.

( JUST A TIP THAT MIGHT WORK FOR YOU )

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THE SEASON IS YOUNG

;););)

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
At the Stokes Sports shop up near Kittany Lake along Rt. 206... when I checked in my bird yesterday... a F&G guy was doing the checking... he said on youth day he checked in 23 birds... most he's ever done on a youth day.

·
Registered
612 Posts
One of my students went out with his dad... they called in three but nothing to within shooting range... he still had a blast though.[up]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Stokes was busy with birds...from what I here 20 and change on the youth day and over 30 on the first day...I also heard there were a ton of guys all over Bowhuntercop's mountain...My buddy said it looked like deer season cars all over

1 - 13 of 13 Posts