New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aimee will be turning 4mo old on Sep 21 and because we will be leaving for MI in about a month, I wanted to make sure she got some exposure to bird/gun before she spent time in the woods. She has been fooling around the pigeon coop and we intro-ed the blank gun to her that way. Now that she was good and bird crazy, we took her to the training fields for some bird work and shotgun noise. So here she is from earlier today. We had a great training day with 11 Braque Francais and 5 Setters. Pre season tune-up. Good times!!
She looked for birds...

Pointed a few...

learned some patience...

was happy to pick up the bird...

not so happy to hand it over...

and didn't want to go home...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you teach a class or are these all yours and how many do you hunt with when the season starts?
It is kind a a mini training seminar. We do not charge any $$, it's just to help out some of our puppy buyers that are local and guide them as they get ready for the season. They enjoy seeing our finished BFs and see the way they work. In return we get to watch and help our pups progress into bird dogs and evaluate them and our breeding program. My training partner is a hard core setter man, so we always have a few of them long tails along. [smirk]

·
Registered
617 Posts

This is onnly a t est to see if a picture uploaded.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I am wonderingif anyone can help me learn how to uplad a picture to this site.
Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Old Barry Boy is doing just fine. He will be 10 this Feb and it will be his 8th season hunting in MI. Had him out yesterday with the group and he was on the money. Did have a little trouble finding the downed bird, but the sorghum was thick as heck. Here is from last year in MI on a great woodcock day. Just for you Jim and Cat;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.