New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been hunting hard all season trying to get a shot at a good buck. The brother, friend and myself were on stand by 545 this morning. Deer movement was slow with only me seeing a barely legal spike and a doe. We talked about coming out at 11 to get lunch. At 10:15 a saw movement to my right about 150 yards away. A wall of antlers! I waited until he was clear, ranged at 132 yards, and let the Muzzy bark. With all the smoke I could not be positive of a hit or even where he went. Waited about an hour, walked over and could not find blood immediately. I glanced to my left and there he was face down in the swamp. What a hunt! My father was looking down from heaven on this one!
Vertebrate Mammal Deer Roe deer Wildlife

Deer hunting Hunting Wildlife biologist Trophy hunting Deer

Deer hunting Trophy hunting Wildlife biologist Hunting Elk

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Congrats. I'm assuming he came from mt. $ alem. If so I will send you trail cam pics of him for your wall if you'd like. My father in law passed him in bow season because you know what else is running around over there. If he came by my wife or I today he'd be hanging in my garage right now. Congrats! !!

Reactions: electric10162
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.