New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my G week hunter (Jerry) out today and had the quickest hunt of the season.Jerry shows up 1/2 hour late to meet me500 instead of 430.We get into the wooods late so I decide not to go to far in and we set up the decoys and sit down and we hear a gobble right away from about 125 yards out.I reset Jerry to the other side of the decoys and start with some soft tree yelps GOBBLE GOBBLE wait about 10 minutes and starty calling again and get 1 more gobble from the same spot wait 10 min and call gobble at 50 yards I start doing some soft perrs and the Tom looks up on the decoys and comes right in 15 yards and lights out at 5:55am 22lbs 10.5 and 3/4 spurs.If someone will send me there e-mail I will send them Pic's to post for me Thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
awesome bird congrats

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
great lookin bird congrats! [up]

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.No I am not a guide in nj,But I spent 6 years guiding turkey in pa.I just love to call birds in for my friends who don't know alot about turkey hunting anf try to teach them a little so they can go out on there own with a little more confidence

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.