New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thanks to TANJ!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank “Doc” and Mike Tully from TANJ for their invaluable assistance with the “Archery Day” event at the Somerset County Fish and Game PA .

I had contacted “Doc” for some guidance and possible help in introducing our members, their children and guests to the sport of archery at our newly completed archery range. Well, not only did “Doc” offer some sage advice, but offered to come down to the club and work directly with any youngsters in attendance.
He also recruited the help of Mike Tully, who’s infinite patience working with the youngest of new archers (I believe the youngest was about 4 yrs old) was nothing short of amazing! Mike was on his knees most of the day getting down to “eye level” with the kids. It was easy to recognize Mike’s “touch” while introducing the youngsters to the fun of breaking a balloon or two while using archery equipment for the first time.
Mike single handedly worked with approx. 30 children, that in itself is quite a feat which I believe requires a unique level of dedication, professionalism…and sore knees!

“Doc” was his usual gregarious self, even after just moments earlier having emerged from an early morning in the whitetail woods!
“Doc” worked with a large number of teens and adults and showed them the basic points of archery and how they could further pursue this fun and exciting outdoor activity. Doc’s use of his “patented” moving target was a big hit in demonstrating what is achievable with practice and dedication to archery.

In all, approx. 125 men, women and children of all ages were given a fun and informative introduction to the world of archery.
There were many big smiles, and some looks of surprise on the faces of the children after they would “unexpectedly” hit a bull’s-eye, or pop a balloon
once the careful guidance of Doc and Mike took effect.

Needless to say, Archery Day at the club was a huge success, due in large part to the patience, dedication and teaching ability exhibited by Doc and Mike.

It is men such as Doc and Mike, who’s selfless dedication to introducing our youth to the world of archery, will keep the sport alive and well in NJ and around the USA. They are a great asset to TANJ and the archery community in general.

We at the Somerset County Fish and Game PA wish to thank these men for their tireless efforts in helping to make our club event such a success, and in helping to introduce our members and guests to the awesome sport of archery.

Outstanding job guys!

From JZ, and your friends at the SCFGPA.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
As always, both men are selfless of their time and dedication in promoting the sport of archery. Two [up][up] for Doc and Mike! Well written Pathman.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
They don't come any better than these two bowhunting brothers[up][up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
WELL DONE! TANJ and SCFGPA

I stopped in for that Archery Day at the Somerset County Fish and Game Protective Association "Club" and saw those two guys. OUTSTANDING! There were five or six instructors on hand teaching and introducing visitors to all forms of archery; and they were all busy all day. It was gratifying watching men, women and children moving from station to station trying out the different types of bows. This organization and this group of guys introduced dozens of people to the sport when I was there. They did it professionally and in a way that left the "student" smiling and eager for more. I'm sure everyone left with a high opinion of archery as a sport. That can only be good for all of us. “Doc and Mike” were the busiest though, kids, teens, wives, girlfriends seemed to take to the traditional bows ... but it might be because they were the best looking instructors. LOL Great atmosphere; great club member hosts. Plenty of food and drink for the visitors. Excellent cooks, excellent salads. I’m looking forward to next years event.

By the way ... this organization has an indoor shooting range and has produced some champion class young rifle/pistol shooters, so if you have a kid who can shoot ... look them up. They must have good coaches.

Say Pathmann ... PM me and let me know which one of the hosts moving around with name tags was you. Were you the stately gentleman with the camera taking a hundred photos?... or one of the friendly instructors?

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
It was a great day at the range! Doc and Mike were outstanding and each child and adult walked away with a smile! We had a wonderful turnout! I was happy to see all the kids!!!! Here are some pics to enjoy.

My son Matthew.....

My son Joey with his 40 yd crossbow group.

Here is what it is all about!!!!

Matthew at it again...

Awards for the kids

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Looks great[up]

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
is that mike that use to work at rays i love that guy he gave me the best advice ever when i first started i will be a member of tanj soon i just wish i has arrows for my re curve i dont like my compound bow any more got too use to the opens eyes of the traditional bow

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
As always, both men are selfless of their time and dedication in promoting the sport of archery. Two for Doc and Mike! Well written Pathman.
What he said.[up][up]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Thats some good stuff right there![up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
AWESOME JOB GUYS![up]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts