New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the record...Highland Lakes, today 5-24-09, 6-21pm

I should keep image stabilized 70-200L F4 lens on the camera, but the lens is so expensive I keep it in the box. heh.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
damn thats a big sucker! [up] what kind of canon do you ahve

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what kind of canon do you ahve
Digital Rebel XT(EOS 350D). It's a nice entry level SLR. Now that I have several L lenses and a speedlite, I'll get a new body after I get a 2nd 12ga and a .308 or 30.06. I keep a 28-300 Sigma lens on it at all times as my knockabout lens but if you drill into the other pictures I took at the link above, you'll see how much I could have used image stabilization.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Digital Rebel XT(EOS 350D)
cool, i have the rebel XS and i love the thing, i have the 70-300mm AF lens..its great!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
That's a nice sized bear. On Friday, I had the resident momma and her 3 cubs come thorugh my campground in Walpack again. It's their 2nd year, so they should be leaving her soon.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Malsua you must be right in my neighborhood of H.L. That looks like the one that climbs over my fence every other night. He's not even scared of my dogs anymore.
No ear tags right?
But hey...we dont have a bear problem,that must be a dog.[eyeroll]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Malsua you must be right in my neighborhood of H.L. That looks like the one that climbs over my fence every other night. He's not even scared of my dogs anymore.
No ear tags right?
But hey...we dont have a bear problem,that must be a dog.
It's the first time I've seen this one(at this size anyway). No collar or tag. He's a full sized adult, but young because he doesn't have the rubbed bald spot on his back yet. My wild ass guess is that he's 4 or 5 and probably a larger version of a youngish adult I saw last year about this time.

So far, we're getting one bear visit a day and they all seem to be different bears.

I'm on the west side of the main lake up against the watershed so they like to come down off the ridge for water and easy travel through mowed yards.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
He's not running. He's discusted:

Bear: Man, I am just taking a short cut to get a cool drink and here comes this guy pointing a big black eye thing at me, runnin' half naked. What's he think he's back in the '70's streaking? My god..." :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.