New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my annual pilgrimage to my grandmothers farm in ohio. Took my good buddy SS along for the laughs and had a great 4 days.
Rattled this brute into 30 yds when he spooked and took off to 65yds. I took a broadside shot but he ducked my arrow. Watched the video over and over and was sick. The arrow hit his rack as he spun and ran off. Fast forward 25 hours and I'm back in the same area doing the walk of shame to my truck to come home and low and behold...there he is standing in the crp staring at me. I kept my cool and just walked as I nocked an arrow and came to full draw. 30 yard poke and 100 yard dash towards the truck. Sure enough a big slice from my grim reaper down the main beam. Can't be happier. .or luckier.
Trophy hunting Bamboo Deer hunting Hunting Elk

Deer Antler Deer hunting Elk White-tailed deer

Deer hunting Reindeer Barren ground Caribou Trophy hunting Deer

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Great buck and it sounds like a great 4 days !! Crazy story with walking up on him and getting it done. Do you have a close up picture of the sliced main beam ?? Congrats on a true monster !!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Beautiful buck and a great story with the best kind of ending. Congratulations NB.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
wtf....You are all done and headed back to the truck....Hanging your head in shame and he suddenly appears and let's you whack him ! then he even runs towards your truck so you don't have to drag him so far !

Dude...You are not only one of the most skilled hunters I know...You are the freak'n luckiest !

Congrats..I guess

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.