New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
No front fitting for a sling?
It is on the side up at the end of the forend. Also this forend has picatinny rail on all sides for accessories. I personally would not purchase this weapon due to the fact that it is not mils spec and therefore you are really cutting down on the amount of mods you can do to it and really taking a chance that this model will perform as well as its tried and true mil spec version older brother.. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
What really amazes me is that Colt lost interest in the private (commercial)sector, probably due to the trend in BS lawsuits. Their sales would be record-breaking now with the demand for AR's. Although, the original Armalite Co. gave us the AR, it was Colt who ran with it. Same with the Python.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I have two, Carbine and National Match.[up] Once, I was given a beater for the obstacle course and such, that was manufactured by General Motors Hydraulics Division. Had the old three-finger flashsuppressor, pre-birdcage I guess.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Once, I was given a beater for the obstacle course and such
We used the same colt we were issued for all the dirty stuff as well and it always amazed me with all the abuse they still shot true even at the 500 yard line with upper receiver loose on the lower from all the years of taking them down and cleaning them..

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Nice. Colt is a great example on how not to run a company. Not listing to the consumer help Kimber, Les Bear, Wilson, DPMS, Stag, Bushmaster, etc get started.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I like Ruger and I like the looks of that rifle.

I lived in West Hartford when Colt went on strike for a year plus. The striking employees were finally locked out and Polish immigrant replacement workers hired. Production went up and quality went up. After more than a year some left wing commie judge forced Colt to rehire the striking workers, pay them back wages, fire the replacements and then....ready....shut down production to retrain the re-hired striking workers to do their old jobs. A severe case of Unionitis. I expect they quickly returned to their old work habits. That said, I don't own a colt so I can't speak to the workmanship of the current product.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've got the sig 556. Seems as though Ruger is playing "Johnny come lately". Hey, have they worked out the bugs with their LCP yet or are they still reviewing Kel-tec's b-prints?

Don't get me wrong, I like some of what ruger has/had to offer(my MK II 22 is superb) but it seems that they try to get in on the latest trend to make a buck...They used to be concerned with making a quality firearm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts