New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to set up a stand on a 70 acre new piece of property and found another brand spanking new ladder stand right where I intended to set up. Same Tree! The land owner-(Whom I know very well-and have worked for for the last 8 years) told me that a neighbor also had permission to hunt the property. So I figured the stand was his, and left a note on the stand for him to call so we didn't screw up each other's hunts.

I was walking back to the truck and was stopped by a guy. He's not the neighbor. He tells me that the property is leased to "Big K Gun club"-and that he's hunted it since he was 13(guy was like 60). Now I've hunted this property through most of shotgun and muzzy last year for doe control-did a good job and was invited back by my boss-I never saw anyone else up there. I've also hunted the property since the opener this year-again never seeing anyone till today. I put in a call to the land owner-as I doubt there's a gun club on the lot-given the overabundant deer population, and my boss's expressed desire that I "kill as many as I can". My boss is a straight arrow kind of guy and would have said somthing if he leased the land to a gun club-needless to say I set the stand up in a differnt spot and left a VERY BIG LOCK on it

Anyone hear of this gun club?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
IS it near the Dark Moon tavern?

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the Dark moon Tavern. The property abuts the east bound side of route 80 at exit 12

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I actually park in my boss's driveway. His house is the first one on the right off of 80 heading into Hope

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
The long driway by hope sign? Or one up steet dirt driveway on corner across from liquor store?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Mth, pm me.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its actually a service road that runs parrallel to 521 back toward 80

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Elusive,
You're correct on the owner[up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
yup i know it mth. i drive past there twice a day monday to friday. i've seen some nice deer over there.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The property abuts the east bound side of route 80 at exit 12
hell i hunt the west bound side of 80 at 12 and all i can say is don't fu%& with big k i know some of them thay are j-off's

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That' correct GG.

I spoke to the land owner on Saturday when I hunted it-He said to ignore what was said, and that I'm fine hunting the land-So I hope we can all be civil.

Anyone know if they hunt bow at all? I've not seen anyone else on the property (actually hunting) I have no problems in staying out of there for 6 day and the initial permit season if they are gunning it, but I did hunt it in muzzy last year, and in the january permit season for shot gun and never saw anyone else

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
The Neighbor 'Donny' bow hunts there, As a matter of fact ..He just bought a crossbow.
If the stand you found is a new one with arm rests and is located next to the low spot in the limestone ledge and there is an old perminate stand about 80 yards to the north and 'Dry Pond' to the south. Then that belongs to a young man who only hunts on opening day of shot gun and ocassionally during permit shotgun.
I was hunting 'Dry Pond woods' last night also, I was probably about 200 yards from that ladder stand.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GG, I set up a ladder at the end of the hayfield behind HM's house, but have been hunting the entrance to the cow pasture with my climber. I took a doe out of there the other day.

Are there any spots to avoid-so I don't step on someone's toes? You'll see me when I'm there. I drive a white ford Ranger PU, and park next th HM's barn

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Are there any spots to avoid-so I don't step on someone's toes?
I don't know where Donny bow hunts but he never hunted to much with a bow, This year may be different since he got the crossbow.
I'm usually around the back part of the property near 'Dry Pond' . But if we happen to run into each other...That would be good to...I always enjoy meeting other NJH members.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But if we happen to run into each other...That would be good to...I always enjoy meeting other NJH members.
[up][up]

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Great area MTH! Watch out for those guys from Big K. They do what ever the hell they want and if you are not one of them they could care less if they piss you off. I used to hunt on that side of town and have had a "few" issues to say the least with this club. Wait til 6 day and they start there drives. Then you will see lots of tresspassing, posting of property that is not theres, etc etc.. I know guys that have quit that club due to the crap that goes on..

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i saw a truck driving in there this morning at around 5:30 as i went past. i guess someone else hunting it today.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts