New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
F those big&J blocks. By buddy said " you gotta get those at tractor supply, the deer go nuts over them"...
So what the hell, thought I would put one by a cam and see what happens... I was very skeptical in that it smelled like molasses, so got the VERY predictable results of course..... Note the block is whole in first pic, next pic it is cut in half, and from a very small bear none the less. Wish I had it on video to see how he did it, those things are solid as a rock... Oh - btw, lots of deer around it prior, but none touched it. Last pic is a small 8pt that game into sniff 4 hours AFTER the bear, and he got the heck out of there... I will never be a masterbaiter with so many bears around :) Tried sugar beets, bears didn't like them but neither did the deer.

Sure wish I had an acorn crop...

Anyway - these pictures are comical...

PICT0065.jpg PICT0066.jpg PICT0076.jpg PICT0079.jpg PICT0090.jpg

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
[rofl] he pulled a hong kong fooey move on your block and split it in 2 and is waving at you in the third pic (teasing you)[rofl]

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rofl] he pulled a hong kong fooey move on your block and split it in 2 and is waving at you in the third pic (teasing you)[rofl]
It looks like he was doing sorta a pile-driver move on that block with his elbow, doesn't it?

Reactions: BowMan45

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Use nothing with molassis if you have bear in the area . Like already said by NB66 corn spread it out . Pretty cool pics though and you had a Buck come in too .

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Use nothing with molassis if you have bear in the area . Like already said by NB66 corn spread it out . Pretty cool pics though and you had a Buck come in too .
and to think I bought two... I will save the other one for hibernation....

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I have a spot I put feed blocks out in. The ultralyx blocks last about 2 weeks one of them big j blocks lasts about 3 to 4 days. So there is difference. Seems with feed blocks the deer need to get used to them first before they really start hitting them. I'm not in bear country either.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
They suck. I heard all the hype. I figured I would try one. I had a better chance of throwing the $20 on the ground and the deer eating that. The deer hardly touch it. The raccoons been tearing it up for the last month

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
i,m not in bear country either..my b and j block is gone in 2 days..they distroy it. as far as sugar beets go..i was skeptical at first but once it gets cold and they eat them..they love them. at my spot deer barelly toched the beets last year till they got cold and turned to pure sugar ..this year they know what they are and pound them.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
The best bocks I have found are the ones made by Purina. They are 2 for $20 at a store near me. They have a lot of corn in them. But, I'm not in bear country. They smell good enough that I should eat them so I'm fairly sure the bears would like them.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
if i pay you can i hunt the bears this season[up]... this way we meet up and you can tell all the assholes on the site im not buckfever

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
By cousin swears by it. So I decided to test his and mine 5 ft apart. I put tractor supply wild berry block and b&j block. When the deer came they went to the tractor supply block. I shot a my earn a buck over that block. Just put another out so hopefully deer come and the bears don't. Both were out since labor day and they were down to nothing but a handful. Never smashed by the bears there either.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I dumped a bad of big&j out and the deer didnt touch it..
i have used, deer cocane, liquid apple and stuff you just pore on ground and 1/3 of the time it attacks deer... i guess its the area you use it at because i had friends that it worked for but didnt work for me [confused][confused][confused]

·
Registered
598 Posts
Best results I'v had is with acorn rage and apple crush. Always tons of pics and shot my biggest buck over apple crush

1 - 20 of 26 Posts