1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
This must be a fire sale post:D

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
Hunter - you volunteer for Tri-County FD? You know if they repsonded too? Seems like I heard sirens all night...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
now i dont know if your a firefighter or not, but i am, and yeah it is fun.

There is something about the thrill and danger, that makes you want to do it.

Now that being said, having been on the other side of the spectrum, being the victim of a fire is not fun.

But not talking to the person whos house is on fire, but to another firefighter, i would say have fun.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the fire was a older style log home. well involved prior to washington twp ghetting on scene. however the companys that were there did a great job to save what they could save and that was a 2 car atached garage. if your a ff you know that is a good thing.

bestnjbirddogs= im not on tri couny im on another warren county company. yes it was all noght long and this am.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
There is something about the thrill and danger, that makes you want to do it
ok. I am not a fire fighter so I do not understand that point of view.

But looking at it from my point of view and having a friend lose his house to a fire, it just does not sound good.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
But looking at it from my point of view and having a friend lose his house to a fire, it just does not sound good.
I didn't like it either till his explaination.
Lost our house to fire coming up REAL close to the 6th yr. aniversry of that one.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Let me just clarify a little more. Im going to try to explain it from my own perspective.

Iv been to numerous fires over the years. From minor to fires lasting days. I see the devastation it causes, not only to the homes but the destruction of peoples lives. Iv seen people cry over their the wrapped up bodies of their pets as they were brought out, to offspring running down the street realizing their father was deceased in a car that was melted to molten metal.

Have you ever looked into a door and see a black wall of smoke, and the guy in front of you vanishes as he enters? Why do i go inside? I dont truly know. Why would someone in their right mind do it. But we do it. It creates a sensation like no other.

Now having been doing this for almost ten years, i can say i desire that sensation. Whether you call it fear, excitment, or fun; when ever there is a fire all firefighters get it. From all the experiences and traumatic incidents firefighters go through, all of them form a warped sense of the whole thing.

Now i know anyone who has been a victim of fire would be dumbfounded to hear this. After experiencing that, how could anyone get excited about someones devestation? Well its not really getting a thrill that a someones livelihood is destroyed.

Now im not talking for all firefighters, but im sure alot can relate. So when i say have fun, please do not take it the wrong way.

Im not sure if it all makes sense, but like i said, its hard to explain.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.