New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 2 stands from Big Dog Treestands. I bought them online directly from them because they seemed to have a decent quality and I got 2 stands for almost the price of 1 big name brand stand. I haven't gotten it yet in the mail but I was wondering if anybody has tried them, and if so how'd you like them? I'm waiting on 2 Bull Dog 2's with the footrest and bigger platform to come in the mail.

P.S. once I get them and put them together and hang 1 I will write a review in case anybody is curious.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I have a couple big dog stands I bought on sale a few years ago. They are your typical cheap stands, nothing special but for $40 not bad. If you leave them out all season the hardware rusts pretty quick. I went through mine and replaced the bolts with better stuff. The straps they come with are junk as well so if you plan to use it for a long time it may be a good idea to pick up a decent strap or two at some point. I use them on state land where theft is pretty common, I'd rather loose a $40 stand than one that is over $100. They are a bit heavy but you do get a big platform.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
beaverman,

Thank you. I'll make sure then to check the stand periodically for ware and rust after I put it up. I'll post about how it goes. Maybe they made their stands better. I bought a stand from Dick's thats made by Comfort zone. It cost me $35 with the 20' stick and it works great. Not the most comfortable but it gets the job done. Cheaper stands aren't as bad as everyone thinks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up putting the stand together this past weekend and hung it sunday afternoon. The stand took me about an hour to put together and it wasn't difficult at all. My only gripe with it while setting it up was the fact it didn't come with tools. I already had them BUT, I had these two wrenches that came with a cheaper stand that i got from dicks. It was easy to put together but I just wish it came with 2 little wrenches. Hanging it was not bad. took a little effort but of course thats normal with a bigger platformed stand. while in the stand, it was comfortable. The first day i ever had the stand out, I killed a big doe.

In all, I would recommend this stand to anyone. It is safe, easy to put together and is comfortable but most importantly, it is affordable (I bought 2 for the price of 1 big name stand) and for what you get the quality is awesome! I'll definitely buy more stands from this company.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
the comfort zones may be cheap in price but they do not flex like the big dogs.i would never buy another big dog they are junk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts