New Jersey Hunters banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
before they started all the construction a few years back I had a few near miss experiences in the zone my building is in with some real slammers.. now I dont see the quantity or quality I used to... I need a hunting partner on the arsenal..Evrytime I hunt I see bears.. Big fockers too..
Yeah they are all over. They are on one of the public pieces I hunt and can be annoying. They usually go away though.

I don't know if he is looking for a partner (in crime perhaps?), but I know madcat and he is a good guy. Might want to shoot him a PM.

I don't have much interest in hunting on the base right now. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice buck. I hunted the arsenal this morning & I saw a nice buck was taken yesterday. I've been hunting the arsenal all month and it has been tough with the lack of acorns. alot of the arsenal is closed right now due to UXOs. I really hope they open those areas back up soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
madcat - does your brother have the beetles or does he boil the head?He has the beetles and from what I have seen, they take care of the messy work.

If interested, call him and see if he will supply you with the beetles and discuss the process.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Last Friday morning I had a group of three small 4's walk into my area, but all were very young and i decided to pass on them.

Last night I had a 6 at 90+ yards away walk through.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
That's an awesome deer man. I live very close to the Arsenal so it's good to see some big boys in the area (even if they are in the fence)

Good job[up][up]

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I didn't mean that as negative at all, and yes, the deer do travel across the fence line, that's a fact.

What I meant was I am jealous of those fortunate enough to have access to a semi-low pressure area created by the fence.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You're so lucky you get to hunt there!! I wish I had a chance to get in there!

Ima try my luck up towards the Sparta/Jefferson area on Glenn Road, I saw some big bucks up that way.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Nice. [up]

·
Registered
409 Posts
You're so lucky you get to hunt there!! I wish I had a chance to get in there!
I've been hunting the arsenal for 10 years and its not easy hunting. We can't bait, there's not alot of food for them, and its a big open area. don't get me wrong I've killed some nice bucks off the arsenal but it's not much different tane big state land tracts and you do get the locals shooting deer off the property during gun season.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Love those long brow tines! Great Buck man Congrats [up]

61 - 80 of 81 Posts